Chapter Twevle.

Chapter Twelve

 Scott.

It’s been a week. A long week, and even though I can see her jealousy, Abigail has made no attempt to do anything about it. Usually a mate’s jealousy would increase and she would do anything to keep another female's hands off her wolf. It’s kind of strange. I mean, I just wish she would! It’s becoming harder and harder to come up with excuses to keep Mina from trying to kiss me. I tried to keep my face straight each time she tugged on my arm while laughing to what her friends said. We were at lunch and I was just plain out annoyed by Mina now.

Why’d I ever think I could handle this chick? I thought, it would only take Abigail a day for her to realize she needs me as much as I need her. I turned my head a little and in the corner of my eye, I looked at the back of the room where Abigail was picking at a green apple, her attention on it most of the time. I huffed out my nose, Why is she so stubborn! Okay, so I thought her brother was her son. An honest mistake. I didn’t mean to make her mad at me.

Right when I turned my head back around, I felt Mina lips on my cheek and the sound of lips smacking. “Do you want to, Scott?” she asked. Ugh, I wanted to cover my nose from the amount of perfume she uses. It’s like I need a gas mask for how much she uses. It’s like when my mother sprays her perfume next to me and some gets in my nose and mouth. I turned my head to her.

“Huh? Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention."

She chuckled.

“Oh you’re so funny. I was just saying why don’t we all go to the mall after school. It’s Friday and I heard Aero is having a sale. I need some new tanks anyway."

“Uh, sure.” I forced the words out but I just wanted to yell, No! I won’t go shopping with you! Do you know how lame it is for a guy to go shopping with a girl that isn’t even his girlfriend! But that’d be a little harsh.

She shrugged, dragging my arm up and down with her. "Goodie.”

Ten minutes later the bell rang and I had to go back to my locker to put my stuff in it because I had gym next. I closed my locker and looked down the hall to see if Abigail was at her locker, but she wasn’t. I looked down at my black V-neck shirt and pursed my lips as I turned around and made my way down the hall to go the gymnasium. I turned into the next hall, but someone ran into me. My arms flew out and I smelled the scent of strawberries before I looked down and my arms quickly went around Abigail.

It seemed like she was starting to look up, but she stopped at my chest that was showing from the V-neck and stared. An amused look appeared on my face when she bit down on her lower lip and tugged at her red t-shirt. She finally looked up and her cheeks burned a crimson red as her teeth let go of her bottom lip. Her green eyes looked into mine and I was so tempted to kiss her right now. She finally realized what was happening and took a step back and quickly walked away.

I turned around back into the sophomore hall and watched her walk towards her locker, shaking her head around a few times. Once she got to her locker, I turned back around into the other hall with a grin on my face as I walked towards the locker rooms. I’m starting to have that good feeling about what happened. When I got into the locker room, I changed into my gym cloths.

Skyler came up to me as he threw on his shirt. “Hey man, someone sure has been distant.”

“Hope you’re talking about Shay,” I said sarcastically about my heart broken brother who has been moping around like a little pansy around the house. I, for one, am not heart broken.” I finished dressing as he continued.