Chapter Thirty-Eight.

“Abigail, can you at least tell me anything?” the lady cop asked me when I didn’t speak to her. We were in the waiting room of the hospital and all I could do was wait and wait to hear on how Scott is. Doctors said he should be fine, just have to get the bullet out, but it have to cut around the wound cause to them, it’s deep when I have an idea it’s because it’s skin was healing already.

“Abigail, please tell me something.” she said. “We need to hear your side of the story.”

I picked at the button of the sweat outfit the hospital gave me, “How are the other girls?” I asked.

 “We found three in the rooms already. We—we made it two late there for two of them, but one of the girls locked herself into the bathroom.” she said. “But can you tell me anything you might know about this guy.”, she said about Scott. “Or Javier, anything you know about him.”

I just looked back down at my shirt, “I’m tired.”

 “Okay, but we should really need something from you. How’d you get involved with Javier?” she asked.

But I ignored her. She tried again and again, but she finally gave up. She sighed and closed the small notepad she have. “Okay, I get it. It’s hard right now, I’ll let you sleep on It.”, she said. “But we will need a statement from you.” she said, leaving.

As she walked over to the entrance of the hospital and when the door opened, I saw four huge bodies walk in passed her. My eyes widen and I jumped up from the chair, running over to Skyler Sir, Skyler, Shay, and Tristan. I ran into Skyler Sir arms and hugged him.

 “You safe.” he said, rubbing my back and held me for a moment like a father. He then pulled back, “How’s my idiotic son?”

 “He’s going to be fine. He was shot in the waist, but he’ll live. Just have to get the bullet out and wrapped up.”, I said. “Don’t be too hard on him, Skyler, he wanted to get me out there.”

 “He should have brought us with him.” he said. “But now we have to get him out of here and out of Illinois. Our family can’t be in this trouble right now. You didn’t tell any of them about us or anything? Our family name or anything?”

I shook my head, ‘No, nothing.”.

“Good.”, he said. “Scott called us earlier saying we should drive here and get you both out here. He said he gave the cops a fake name about who he is. Once he get bandaged up, we’ll sneak him out of here and make our way home.”

 “Sounds good time.” I said. “Have you guys seem where Gabe has been?”

 They all shook their heads. “We’ve smelled him around town, but we can’t seem to find him. He’ll show up though.” Skyler said.

 “Yeah and when we do, we’ll make sure his ass get beat.” Shay said. “Now, give me a hug.” he said, holding his arms out and I hugged him and the three others.