Chapter Forty.

Two months later

Spring was finally here; flowers were blossoming, trees were getting new leaves. The nice warm breezy air was perfect.

And seeing the bright smile on Abigail made me know everything was perfect still. Gabe has did what he was told to do. He hasn’t set his dirty paws back here in Nash. One smart thing he has done, but there is a side in me I’m hoping he will so that I can just beat his ass.

Mina’s has been….distance to everyone at school. She’s spending less time being her normal drama queen bee self and even quite the cheer leading squad. She has been eyes contact with us a few times, but when she would look at Abigail, this look of pity sort of apologetic would appear on her face and she would quickly ignore us.

“Run, Tyler, run!” Abigail cheered as I played a monster ready to eat him. Tyler giggled as he ran away from me further into the woods. I chased after them by walking quickly and I grabbed him and lifted him in the air, twirling him around. “I got you!” I said in a very deep voice. I laid him in my one arm, cradling him as I lift up his shirt and pretend I was eating his stomach by lightly nibbling it.

Tyler laughed, “Abby! Abby!” he called for help.

“Oh no you monster!” Abigail said, punching at my arm. “You let go of my little brother! He won’t become your afternoon snack!”

“But I must.” I said. “He just so darn yummy. Shall I continue, little one?”

Tyler shook his head and giggled.

 “Fine, but I will eat her then.” I said, putting my arm around Abigail waist and pressed her against my side as I placed Tyler down on his feet. “She will become my afternoon snack.”

Abigail fake gasp and brought her hand up to her mouth, “Oh no! Tyler! Save me!”

Tyler began to punch at my leg, “Abby! Abby!”

I faked a groaned and let go of Abigail, falling back onto my back, “No, this can’t be happening!” I yelled as Tyler climbed up at me and punched at my chest. “You’ve won this time, little one.” I said, dropping my head down and closed my eyes as if I was dead.

Abigail clapped her hand, “Yay, Tyler! You saved me from the big bad wolf! Yay!” she cheered as she picked him up and they both clapped together.

I let them have their moment of victory before I opened my eyes back up and got up. “The big bad wolf shall return.” I said I changed my voice to normal. “But for right now, Scott back.”

“Well good, cause Scott would dare try to eat my little brother.” she said.

“Of course I wouldn’t.”, I said. “Because without you, my life would be the lonely moon without the sparkling stars to help brighten up theses’ nights.”

 “Should try out for drama next year.” she said in approval.