Chapter Eight.

Chapter Eight

Abigail.

So, how would you feel if you were in the girlâs lockers room changing for gym class? And you were trying really hard not to stare at the other tan curvy girls and not envy them? Youâd feel kind of intimidated. If you had my pencil-shaped body and pale complexion, you would be jealous of the other girls. I threw my gym shirt on I that got from the girls' PE teachers. It was a gray t-shirt that had the schoolâs logo on it on the right side. I slid the ugly color green basketball shorts on and pulled my hair up in a ponytail. I just hoped the concealer I had on was long lasting like it said it was.

I tied my shoes and walked out of the locker room and into the gymnasium where other students were running their seven laps around the gym. I learned since the school was such a small size, the grade levels have to share classes. So, the sophomore and senior classes shared PE together.

I began my seven laps as a jog since I hated running so much. I wish there was a different class I could go to for this stupid running. I thought and then I yawned. I am so tired and Tyler didnât even cry once last night. But I was always tired. I wished I could just sleep forever, but then who would take care of Tyler? I canât just leave him alone and not have anyone take care of him.

On my fourth lap, I slowed down to a quick walk. Did I mention I hate running? I had to hold onto the right side of my waist because I was getting a side stitch there. I saw someone appear next to me and I turned my head to see Mina. She looked me over and pursed her lips. I raised an eyebrow and shrugged, giving her a questionable look.

She crossed her arms over her shoulders. âListen here since itâs the only thing you can do, Abigail. I have wanted Scott since eighth grade and I wonât let some little freak like you take away my chances. I donât know what he sees in you anyways. Your hair is an ugly color of brown and youâre as thin as a stick. Itâs kind of gross. Heâs just playing you. So if you dare take away what is mine, youâll regret it and be afraid,â she said before running again. Wow.

My mouth was hanging slightly open and, even though I usually donât care what people say about my looks or calling me a freak, for some odd reason it hurt when she mentioned Scott and brought out my flaws at the same time. I knew she was right though. Scott only wants to use me. A boy that hot will only want one thing. Why would he want to have just one girlfriend who doesnât even speak? Why am I thinking about being his girlfriend?! I need to stop. Itâll never happen.

I awkwardly covered one of my elbows with the other hand and kept my head down as I continued to walk. Suddenly, I felt two hands go on my waist and I took in a sharp breath, turning around to see it was Scott grinning down at me. I scowled him and hit his shoulder for scaring me! Why does he have to be in this gym class? Now heâs going to end up distracting me. Ignore him. It always worked before.

I turned back around and, even though I didnât want to, I started running again. Not because of what Mina said, but what my dad said.

I need to ignore him and his brothersâ girlfriends. I canât make friends with them. Why do they want to be friends with me anyways? I shouldâve known Scott would have been able to keep up with me since I wasnât running very fast. I kept my eyes off him and looked around to notice Haley and Skylar were in the same gym class as me too. I sighed hard in annoyance.

âSo, are you going to ignore me now?â Scott asked and, just to show him I was, I didnât reply or look at him. âOkay, well, Iâm just going to keep talking until you look at me, Abby,â he said, and I heard the amusement in his voice.

âSo, I see youâre feeling better. Thatâs great. I felt kind of bad since it was me that got you sick. Iâll admit, it was stupid to take you out in the winter night since it was, like, ten degrees out!â he chuckled. âBut anyways, you didnât miss much yesterday as you probably already know, but just another boring day here at Kingâs High. Thank god itâs Friday. Letâs just hope this weekend doesnât go by fast. I hate it when that happensââ