Chapter Thirty.

Two weeks later…

Colleen and I have been in regret and you could read guilt all over us. You could see the hurt on Colleen face when she was around Tristan and he would bug her, asking her what’s wrong, but she would push him away.

I can’t believe she didn’t tell me—any of us!—that her father wants her to move away. He can’t move her away from us; she’s like a sister to me. She was the only girl ever I’ve met—other than Victoria and Hailey—that befriended me and was nice. I’ve never had a ‘girlfriend’ before I could talk to about boys and laugh with about the dumbest things.

I was going over to her house tonight—I couldn’t take it being in the same house anymore as Gabe. I made a face as I packed some things in my bags at the thought of the ex-gang-banger. It’s a good thing he likes to be out of the house a lot to run most of the day.

Tyler bounced on the floor, “Abby! Abby!” he said, his arms high in the air for me to pick him up. I let my stuff go and walked up to him, bending down and picked him up.

“I see you’ve grown another tooth on top.” I said to my little brother who had three baby teeth on the button of his mouth and now two on his top. He has only five weeks before he turns one in March. Oh how time flies, he’s getting so big.

He gave me a big smile and nodded, putting one of thumb in his mouth to suck on and laid down on my chest. I walked over to the bed and laid him down. He sat up and watched me as I finish some packing.

Once I was done, I pulled the bag over one of my shoulder and grabbed Tyler so we could go downstairs where the others are.

Scott started to learn how to drive and got his permit, so he would take me over to Colleen. Of course with his dad next to him since Scott can’t drive without an adult until he gets his licenses.

I handed Tyler to Kelly who went to the kitchen to feed Tyler.

Scott came up to me, “I wish you won't go.” he said, putting his arms around my waist and brought me into him. I was starting to re-think of not going over, wanting to stay here with Scott to cuddle and make out, but since there’s a monster living here for the time being, I need a break to not feel like eyes are on me for some reason every second.

Ding!

The doorbell ring and Skyler got up since he was the closet. He opened the door and I saw his back stiffen and my eyebrows came together in confusion. He turned his head and looked at me before moving aside, showing my parents.

My hands clenched Scott dark gray t-shirt and he held me closer to him.

Scott growled, “Dad?” he questioned.

“Don’t know, Scott.” Skyler Sir said as he got up from the couch and walked over to the door, “Will, Angela, what can I do for you both?”

“The judge did say we can see Abigail and Tyler once the counselors felt like it was the right time.” my father said.