Chapter Fifteen.

Chapter Fifteen

Scott:

I had to lean on the wall a few feet away from Abigail as she lifted her gray hoodie up over her and I saw bruises going up and down both her arms. A few bones in my body made a cracking sound only I could hear, and I had to control myself from shifting right there. And going out the front door back to her house and watching her father cowering back in fear before I killed him.

I rolled my head around and cracked my knuckles, my human side regaining control over my wolf side even though he was not happy. He wanted to come out and the reason why I’m away from the others is because if someone comes near her, I’ll murder them. I’m not joking. No one—and I mean no one!—should mess with a male wolf's mate. We kill for the littlest things. I took a few deep breaths and I clenched my hands. My eyes darkened and I closed them, trying to take long, deep breaths.

Not now, not now. Later, when she’s sleeping. You’ll be free later, just be patient, I thought. It’s like those angel and devil things that would be on your shoulder when you don’t know what to do. My human side is my angel and wolf side is my devil. And right now, the devil wanted to show her pathetic excuse of a father fear. My oldest siblings, their girlfriends, and my parents were all looking at Abigail in pity. She brought one of her hands up to her other arm and rubbed it awkwardly as she looked down at the hard wooden floor.

My mom cleared her throat. “Anywhere else, honey?” she asked. My mother, only 5 minutes after Abigail came in, had asked to see everywhere she'd been hit. Abigail hesitated and I saw her cheeks turn red, but she pulled her shirt up enough to show her stomach. A hard growl rose in my throat and was easily heard behind my mouth. Bruises were everywhere the size of a normal male fist. Some were a gross yellow color, other a blue-purple color, and one of her right waist that was the darkest. It almost looked black.

Abigail turned her head to look at me confused and I raised my chin in the arm, my look hard, but not for her, for her father. My hands were in tight fists and as hard I tried not to, I punched the wall, making a dent in it. Abigail lowered her shirt back down and crossed her arms over her chest, looking down at the floor again in shame. A few more of my bones crackled and the devil part of me yelled for me to just leave and kill Will Crow. No one will ever suspect me since I'll be in my wolf form. I could easily get away with it.

Transform, go to Abigail’s house, rip his throat out, and come back and be able to sleep with both eyes closed. I pushed the devil aside and he nagged in my ear about how a real wolf would have done it. I leaned up from the wall and out of the living room out to the back porch. I needed air.

Actually, a ton of air. I need the air of the woods, fresh hair. I need to relax. I stepped out back and I stretched, my wolf side wanting a run now. He felt trapped, making me feel uncomfortable. That’s how I know when he wants to be let out. He wanted to be out so bad I didn’t even realized the door opened and someone stepped out.

I smelt her scent even before I turned around. I raised my chin up and took a hard swallow before turning around to face her. Her eyes looked dull and tired. She ran her fingers through her hair, pushing her it back and crossed her arms over her chest as she looked up at me.

I need to hear it. Her voice. Maybe that will ease the stupid devil on my shoulder that was yelling at me to turn and run into the woods. But the angel also wanted to hear her voice and let her know that…yes, he knows. I don’t fully understand why she kept holding back from me, making me think she was muted, making me feel stupid and confused.