Chapter Thirty-One.

The car slid a tiny bit and I grabbed onto the back of driver seat, “U-um, Scott, are you sure you really want to continue drive at this time of night?” I asked.

He chuckled nervously, “Abby relax, everything is going to be fine. I am the one with night shade vision here.”

I swallowed hard, “I know, but still, anything can happen.”

Skyler Sir chuckled, “Everything going to be, Abigail. My tiers are made for weather like this, so it’s going—fuck Scott!” he yelled angrily when Scott slid and he hit his hand against the window. “Pay attention!”

“I am!” he said.

“I would like to make it to Colleen’s alive and unharmed.” I sarcastically said.

He snorted, “Nothing going to happen, Abby. Have faith in me.”

I sat back in my seat and tighten the seat belt, not sure if I can be in the same car as Scott anymore until he gets his license. Thankfully we’re in the woods where no other cars are around and the street lights are on.

I knew what I have to tell Colleen about telling the boys is not going to make her happy, but they need to know. Tristan was going to find out about her might be moving anyways.

Standing up to my parents makes me feel a little better and have the courage to stand up to Gabe now. I mean, I had survive leaving in an abusive home for sixteen years. I will not let some whatever stupid grudge he has control me and somehow get Scott hurt.

Starting to think of it, I have never really fully got what Gabe meant about some party Reece Saunders had when they were young. He told me to ask Scott about it, but I have never really gotten around to it. Maybe I will now.

“Hey Scott,” I started.

“Yeah?”

“Can I ask you something?” I asked and he moaned a ‘Mh-hmm’. “Um, well, Gabe had once told me about some party a few years back when you were in seventh grade. He told me to ask you about a game?”

I looked at the rearview mirror and saw his eyebrows come together, “Seventh grade? That’s a little way to fair back, but I remember. It was Reece’s birthday.”

“Isn’t that the one ya’ll went to a week before Gabe and his family went back to Chicago?” Skyler Sir asked. “He was acting all weird after. I mean, when they got here, he seemed like the happiest boy alive, but after, it was like hell rain down on him.”

Scott shrugged, “I don’t know, all he told me was that he wanted was to go back to Chicago.”

Curious, I decided to ask more, “What happened that night? He said something about a game.”

 “A game?” he questioned and thought for a second. “Oh! That game. It was stupid spin the bottle.”