Chapter Seven.

Chapter Seven

Abigail.

I should have grabbed a jacket before I let Scott kidnap me. I rubbed my arms roughly, trying to keep warm from the winter cold as we walked down the street. I was just lucky I slipped on my slippers when I got up from my bed. I kept wondering what Scott was doing outside my window. How long was he out there? Scott came closer to me and took off his jean jacket, holding it out to me. I grabbed hold of it, a question in my eyes and he just nodded. I took it, but the jacket was also cold. I shivered, and Scott put an arm around me. What the- I started to think and my eyes widened when I felt his body heat.

My eyebrows furrowed together when I looked up at him and he just shrugged, “My whole family's like that. We're hot blooded.” I just kept close to him, loving, but confused at how warm he continued to feel.

“Abby, who did this to you?” he asked, touching the right side of my face. I winced slightly at the touch and shrugged like I didn’t know. How I actually got it was from accidentally tripping over one of Tyler’s toys with my dad’s plate of food. The plate slipped from my hold when I lost balance and it went all over him. He got really angry and punched me in the face and on my back, making it hard to breathe for a couple of seconds, but it felt like minutes. He looked at me questionably now and I shrugged again and faked tripping.

“That could have not happen by falling. It looks like someone punched you,” he said, his voice concerned as he stopped us when we were under a street lamp. He turned and went in front of me. He put one hand under my chin to lift my face up. “Yeah, it does look like someone did,” he said, his voice growing angry.

“Who did this?” he asked. I shook my head and brought my hand up, straightening my fingers out, and fake tripped again, telling him I hit a table.

“A table?” he questioned and I nodded.

He shook his head. “No, this bruise would have looked different. I've seen what happens after hitting at table. This is a round shape, like a fist.”

Getting annoyed now by his questions, I moved his hands away from me and he looked frustrated. I shook my head again and continued walking as he followed.

“I will find out,” he swore. “And when I do, that guy is dead meat.”

I just kept my face forward. But I couldn't help but feel nervous at his words. I heard the serious determination in his voice. The thought of him and my dad fighting didn’t look good. My dad would surely win. I don’t want Scott to get hurt, I thought desperately, surprising myself with how much I cared. This is why I can’t make any friends! I can’t let them get this close because they start questioning!

After just walking around for fifteen minutes, we walked back to the back of my house and he helped me back in.

I slid his jacket off and handed it to him. I was about to close my window, but he stopped it by putting his hand under the window again. Damn he's strong....

“Night, Abby.” he said and I looked at him before nodding.

*

“Tyler, stop, please!” I believe Tyler was crying for some unknown reason. He kept pulling at his ear. It was five in the morning and I still had to get ready for school.

“Shh.”, I said, trying to controlling his screaming cries. What could be wrong with him!! I put my hand on his forehead and he felt kind of hot, but I think it was from all his crying. He started pulling at his ear and I kept moving it, but when I looked at his ear closely, I noticed it was kind of red and a little swollen looking. Isn’t that a sign of an ear infection.