Chapter Thirty-Four.

One minute I was dreaming peacefully and next, I felt something cold and wet thrown on me. I gasp, sprung up into a sit position. I looked around, but my vision was getting use to waking up and my eye lids still felt heavy, but I could still it was somewhere bright.

Suddenly someone grabbed my face and my body was still a little numb from waking up. I felt slaps on my cheeks, “Hey, wake up. Wakie, wakie, Abigail.” I heard Gabe voice and I finally got myself together to be staring into his brown eyes.

Everything rushed back to me like a slap in the face and I have a feeling those people weren’t from Child Protection Services. I’m pretty sure they’re not allowed to drug us.

So this is all Gabe plan I’m sure. Fear settled into me and I began to push at Gabe’s chest, but he wouldn’t let go of me, “Let go! What did you do, Gabe? Stop touching me—oww!” I hissed in pain when he grabbed my wrist and squeeze tightly, stopping me from what I was doing.

He leaned over to me to where his nose was almost touching mine, “Listen here, Abigail, you need to stop fighting me or I’m going to have to do something I might regret. So stop it.”, he said, throwing me back onto my back on the floor

I got back up on my butt and pushed my wet hair behind me, looking around. I seemed to be in some fancy garage.  

I heard Gabe sigh and my attention was back on him. He picked up a chair and brought it over to me. He put it down and startled it.

“W-where am I?” I asked. “What’s happening?”

“You’re in Chicago.” he said and my eyes widen. That’s so far away from Vermont. How long was I out? I opened my mouth to ask him, but he raised his hand, “Now before you start asking me tons of questions, yes, you were out pretty long. But each time you kept coming around on the way here, they’ll drug you back to sleep.”

 “Why are you doing this?” I asked. “Isn’t Scott being in the hospital good enough for you? He doesn’t even remember.”

 “And I’ll make sure he’ll never have to know.” he said. “But when I said I didn’t plan him getting hit, I meant it. I didn’t plan for him to get hurt.” he said and I scoffed, rolling my eyes. “Look, I don’t care if you believe me or not, doesn’t matter anymore. But when I said I plan to hurt Scott, that’s still in motion.”

 I looked at him questionably, “What are you talking about? How is bring me all the way here to Chicago going to hurt Scott in anyway?”

 “Straight forward, I see.” he sarcastically said and I rolled my eyes, feeling annoyed and irritated now. “As you know, Mina’s my mate.” he said, a small smile on his face. “You must know when I was out, I wasn’t spending all my time running. Want to guess who I was with?” he asked.

My eyebrows came together, “Your telling me this whole time your tortured me you actually were with her? Why in hell are you doing all this to me then?” I exclaimed, raged.

A side grin on his face, “You're apart of getting Scott hurt. Now that he physically hurt, I can’t do much. But I can hurt his damn heart like how mine was.” he said and I was back to confusion. “And well, actually, I have two problems going on. You’ll be the salutation to them both.”