Chapter Thirty-Six.

I felt uncomfortable when I was on my knees scrubbing the bathroom floor that was downstairs and I could feel one of Javier gangbangers looking at me from across the hall. He’s been watching me ever since I got here and I didn’t like it. He looked to be in his early twenties and one of those big scary guys with tattoo’s going down his arms.

I heard his feet make his way towards me and when he was behind me, he cleared his throat, “You’re doing a great job, Abigail. This room looks really clean.”

I kept myself quiet and continued to ignore as him as I scrubbed the titles. I tried to think about the bleach tickling my nose instead of the fact I could feel the guys I’m sure name Adam’s eyes on my back.

 “You know something I realized since you’ve been here?” he questioned. “You don’t talk much—actually, you never talk. I know you can hear, but not talk. What are you? Some kind of mute freak?”

Please just leave me alone, I thought as I finished and put the scrub in the bucket of water and got up to leave. I went to walk around Adam, but he moved his arm out, blocking me.

I hesitantly looked from his violent tattoos to his face. He had dark pushed back hair and dark lust-crazy eyes. He chuckled, “You know, Abigail, you’re really, really, pretty.” he said, reaching out and stroked my hair back.

I pushed his arm away from me and went to leave, but he grabbed me and pushed me against the door frame. I looked up at him shock and almost dropped the bucket of water from my hand.

“Why don’t you give me a kiss?” he asked, leaning down towards me.

Without even giving a second to think, I pushed the bucket of water at him, splashing water on him and went to run, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I felt the back of his hand and I cried out in pain, bring my other arm to cover my face.

 “You think you can make me look like a fool?” he screamed at me, adding pressure to my arm and I cried in pain again.

“Please let go!” I said.

“Ahh, so you do talk.” he said. “You stupid little slut, that was your worse mistake dropping the bucket of water—”, he went as he raised his hand to slap me again, but got cut off.

 “Adam, stop it!” I heard Javier voice yell and our heads snapped to the direction we heard his voice. He walked up to us—but looking at Adam with a disappointed look, “What happened here?”

 “This bitch spilt some dirty bleach water on me. Now what if that got in my eyes? Huh?” he questioned me. “Might be un-useful for tonight.”

I suddenly felt another hand go on my other arm and Javier pulled me from Adam, “Don’t touch one of my flowers again, you understand, Adam?”, he asked, his voice cool and calm, but his voice was threatening.

Flower? I questioned myself.

Adam looked at Javier, me, then Javier again, “Yes, Javier.” he said, turning around and left.