Chapter Thirty-Three.

It was four o’clock now and I haven’t left Scott’s side. He was still fast asleep, but I never left even though I was tired. I just took a nap on the chair and when I woke up, I was kind of disappointed that he was still asleep, but he does need his rest.

Gabe left a long time ago and I have never been so happy. I didn’t want him in here. Skyler Sir, Kelly, and Skyler all went back to the house, but Skyler only went because he wanted to grab some food and be back.

I was actually kind of nervous of Skyler knowing. Skyler was about twice the size Gabe is, he can take him on, right? They’re both the same age and Gabe a little bit taller, but Skyler was really buff.

I was wrapped up in a blanket and watching TV when the door opened and Skyler came in with a Wendy’s bag and two soda’s. He pulled a table up and unloaded the bag. We ate in total silence and it was really awkward.

Finally, he spoke as he ate his burger, “Want to tell me about it, Abigail?” he asked.

I slowed my chewing to not having to answer, “What do you mean, Skyler?”

“Don’t play dumb with me, Abigail.” he said, his voice hard and so was his eyes. “What is Gabe doing? What has he been doing to you?”

I thought about if I should tell him everything. He knows about Gabe now anyways. I sighed, putting my half eating burger down, “It started the night he got here.” I began and told him everything. It was a long story to tell to tell you the truth, but he sat there and listened.

When I was finished, I was breathless from talking. He didn’t look at me when he spoke, “Well, I know whose ass I’ll be beating later tonight.”

“Skyler, don’t—”,

He humorlessly chuckled, “You think I’m scared of that punkass? Abigail, your Scott’s mate, making you practically my sister-in-law. I’m going to protect my family.”

“I can deal with Gabe myself—”.

“Don’t give me that bullshit, Abigail.” he said. He calmed his voice down now, “Look, I know you’re not use to people helping you, but you can’t keep letting this build up inside. I thought this whole time was because you were getting use to this change in your life. If I knew it was this, you know all of us would have beat his ass out of our house without hesitation.”

I just looked at him, knowing he was right. I didn’t have much of a fight anymore, he knows and I’m sure he won’t let this slide. Gabe might have something on Skyler, but I’m sure Skyler doesn’t care. And like he said, he was like a brother to me now. I never had an older brother. One as protective as him.

*

An hour and half later I heard a low groaned and quickly rushing up to my feet and over to Scott’s bed where I saw him moving a little and his face scrunched uncomfortably. Skyler came up on the other side, rolling his eyes.