Adderall

The second day of our stay passed by pretty quickly, it almost seemed like it never happened. I spent most of my time in my room, playing games on my phone and bickering with Hito.

"How come you hate your brother so much?" I had asked him, pausing my game to give him my full attention.

He looked up at me and sighed, "I told you that my dad beat me, but my brother was never there when it happened. He refuses to believe that my Dad did anything to me, and it pisses me off." His sour expression turned nostalgic, "I remember, this one time, I got so pissed that I threw a vase at him. He still has a scar from it." He chuckled and returned to what he had been doing, leaving me with my thoughts.

That had been yesterday, it was now after group therapy again, this time, I had gone to my anxiety support group. Now, I was sitting in the blue carpeted office of my psychiatrist. Naomi had an orange bottle in her hand and she described to me all the benefits to Adderall. When she asked me to take one, I sighed and did so, deciding that it was better to comply than to fight only to lose.

"This type will only last between four to six hours, so it's good as a tester, we never know how someone will react to a new medication, so it's nice to have these types to use first." I nodded, slightly bored with her words. She continued on, "today is Monday, are you missing your friends at school? You know you can contact them, right?" I nodded again and suppressed the need to roll my eyes.

.oOo.

I had downloaded an app onto my phone that could teach me different languages, and so far, I've been able to learn the basics of German, but holy hell it was a lot different than Japanese. I sat on my bed and tried, and most likely failed to say; "Ich mag es zu lesen." Hito stared at me like I was a stranger.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"Learning German."

"You're doing it wrong. Here, let me try." I cackled but did as he asked, showing him my phone. He did a little better than me, but we still sucked horribly. "I took a year of Dutch so that was pretty easy." I laughed at his smug ass expression, pulling up Google Translate and asking him to read the German out loud. "Ich habe eine kleine Orgel...?" I burst out into hysterics and he immediately got pissed. "What the fuck did you just make me say?"

I wiped a tear from my eye, "more or less, you have a small dick." He swatted at me but I leapt away, walking back over to my bed.

"Why don't you eat it and find out yourself, you fucking prick." I ignored him and continued on my language journey. As a passed more levels, I found myself growing anxious over the mini games they had me playing. What if I lost too many, would the send me back a few levels? I bit my lip and tried to focus on the translations. "Rin? You okay?" I looked up and saw Hito's somewhat worried expression and shrugged my shoulders. "Can you calm down or something?" I wasn't doing much, I was just tapping my foot, what was his issue? I focused on the mini games, but after a few more levels, I tossed my phone to the side, the screen giving me a headache. I laid down on my pillow, but I couldn't seem to sit still. I quickly got up and walked out of our room. I fidgeted with my orange wristband, my bandages had been taken off yesterday, so I didn't have to worry about people staring at me.

I paced the hallways, unsure what I should do. I wasn't necessarily bored, but I wasn't having fun either. I decided to stop by and see what Yukio was up to, maybe I could finally meet his roommate. I hunted down his door number and knocked on the wood. I was thankful when my brunette brother answered.

"Rin? Is something wrong?"

"No no! I'm just wandering around, is your roommate here, cuz I'd like to meet him." He blinked a few times but he took a step back and allowed me to come inside. The cute red head from the group was there and I was kind of jealous. "Hi! I'm Rin, but you probably already knew that." I chuckled, "I didn't know you were roommates, why didn't you say anything?" I turned to Yukio, raising an eyebrow. "I mean, it's fine, I'm not mad, I'm just curious."