Secrets

The following days were a pain, all of them were horrible and almost exact replicas of the days before them. My infamy for being a bad boy, changed into infamy for being a sexual predator. My fellow classmates never hesitated to insult me and bring down my already low self esteem. Some even went as far as to physically assault me, and I couldn't count the number of times I had some sort of snack or food container tossed at me. The worst of it all was that some of the previous wannabe bad boys wanted rematches. I never wanted to fight them, however, but they would insist.

I would never lay my hands on them, I would just let them get their anger out. If I fought back, I'd be perceived as more of a monster than I already was portrayed. They would laugh as they kicked my face and ribs, telling me that I deserved so much worse. Even the notes in my locker changed from potential jobs to semi-serious death threats.

Walking to lunch, I passed by students who gave me nasty glares. I sighed and opened the door to the courtyard, starting to walk over to my Sakura tree when I stopped in my tracks. A group of girls were sitting under it, the one with caramel hair was crying against another girls shoulder. I felt my stomach twist and whatever appetite I had was immediately erased. I noticed with even more shock, as a tall brunette boy with a beanie sat down next to Stacey, hugging her close. She stifled her tears and looked up, meeting my eyes. She feigned fear and her friends, along with Eiji, glanced in my direction.

The orange eyed teen stood, hostility in his expression. "You!" He growled and I took a step back. I hadn't seen him since before Katsu and I went to do that fateful job. He couldn't possibly believe that I would do that kind of thing, could he? He stalked forward and grabbed me by the throat, "how dare you! I fucking trusted you!" He lifted me off the ground and the pressure against my windpipe was excruciating. I kicked at him but he dodged my feet, "I've been waiting to see you again so I could kick your ass."

He whipped me to the ground, still grasping my throat as he pressed me against the grass. I kicked at him again and landed a blow to his ribs and he stumbled backward. I gasped for breath and the air burned my throat, I coughed aggressively and tried to sit up. Eiji waited for me to stand before taking a few steps toward me again. I backed up, "what the fuck, dude? I didn't do it! You should know that!"

He slapped me, "are you saying that Stacey is lying?"

I had a suspicion that I was missing something important here and I narrowed my eyes at him. "Are you dating her?" Dear lord, he fucking nodded, what has this world come to? I dodged as he flung his fists at me, staying on the defense. I noticed the large crowd that had formed around us and I grunted. I saw Stacey crying amongst some of the girls and I thought I might get sick at the sight.

With my eyes off of him for that split second, he slammed his fist against my face and I got my second nosebleed of the week. "I'm about to ruin your fucking life, Okumura." He growled and I dodged his attacks.

"Your girlfriend already did that for you." I snarled and he stopped his pursue. I stopped my movements as well, surprised.

He turned around to the large group that we had attracted, "we all have secrets, right?" The crowd nodded their heads hesitantly, except for the kids who shook their heads pompously. "Rin Okumura had his fair share of his own, too. Would you like to hear them?"

My eyes widened and I stepped toward him, "Eiji, shut the fuck up. You have no right to talk about things that aren't yours."

He shushed me and walked farther away, placing a hand on Stacey's face. He leaned down to kiss her and she smiled sweetly, what the fuck, bitch? "Rin is gonna be an exorcist! Everyone congratulate him!" He started clapping and slowly, the kids around me started to as well. They had no idea what was going on, and I would like to keep it that way. I ran up to him, but he turned and kicked me in the shins and pushed my chest. "There's something else that's interesting, though." He grabbed a fistful of my shirt and pinned my stomach to the ground.