Unraveling

He kicked my stomach again and I buckled to my knees, I didn't want to fight anyone, I just wanted this whole mess to end. I looked up from my kneeling position and saw Suguro with his fist raised, ready to whack me again. He didn't get the chance though, as Yukio shoved him aside, anger in his eyes. "That's enough! You've gone too far, if you don't end this, go to the principal and hash it out with him." His tone sounded firm and professional, but I sensed his caution.

Suguro apparently lost his rocks a long time ago because he punched Yukio in the jaw, making him fall backward. I gasped and fell forward, trying to get to my feet. I heard grunts as more hits landed, this was getting way too ridiculous for my sanity to stay intact. I got to my feet and stumbled over to the boys on the ground. I grabbed Bon by his rooster hair and yanked him off of my twin. "Get your ugly mug away from Yukio, or I'll kick your ass." I snarled, throwing him away from us.

Shima hopped over a desk and started to brawl with me, clocking me in the throat. My eyes went wide and I tumbled to the ground. Both of the teens kicked at my ribs and I gasped and sputtered for breath. My tail was wrapped around my torso under my shirt, and I felt the tip of one of their shoes nail it against my rib cage. I cried out in agony, fuck that hurts, like they had nearly cut it off. Suddenly, they stopped their assault, the air in the room going quiet. I looked up and saw fire chick grasping the backs of Shima's and Bon's shirts.

Her voice was threateningly low and rough, "would someone kindly explain what the hell is going on?" She stated it more as a demand than a question and I swallowed hard, my windpipe struggling to function properly.

Bon shook himself out of her grip, pointing a finger at me. "He's fucking insane, he attacked us." What the fucking fuck?! I coughed and breathed in harshly, gasping for air so I could retort his accusations.

However, tsundere bitch spoke up. "Actually, Ryuji, you were the one who attacked Okumura, Sensei only defended him. You and Shima are the ones at fault here." I could tell she wasn't sticking up for me, she was just telling the truth because that's what she wanted to do. I didn't care, I was thankful for her interjection.

Bikini girl's expression grew darker and she hummed. She grabbed Suguro's ear and dragged him and Shima to the door before pointing her finger in their faces. "You two will report to Sir Pheles about this. It's disturbing how immature you're behaving, and you want to become exorcists? Hmmph, you've got a lot to learn before you can call yourselves that. Now get out of my sight." She pointed to the door and they scampered out of the room.

I turned to Yukio, whose lip was bleeding and I crawled over to him. "Are you okay?" I murmured and he gave me a look I couldn't quite understand. Suddenly, I was dragged to my feet and I stared into fuchsia eyes.

"You two brats go back to your dorm, I was given instructions by your legal guardian to make sure you stay out of trouble. Chicken," she glared at Yukio, "I'll take over teaching this class tonight. Report to Mephisto tomorrow to find out if you'll continue teaching at all." She dropped her hold on me and I stumbled. Yukio got to his feet and nodded, walking to the door and out of view.

I sighed and shook my head before following after him, dragging my feet on the floor.

.oOo.

On the way to the dorm, I had tried to speak with Yukio, but he had ignored me. When we reached our rooms, he slammed the door in my face before I could ask to come in. I rubbed the back of my neck and walked to the room next to his and closed the door behind me. I leaned against the wood and slid down to the floor, leaning my arms on my knees. My tail was throbbing where it had been wounded, it hurt more than anything else, but that didn't matter right now.

This was so fucked up, where did I even start? I sighed, rubbing my face and grabbing my phone from my pocket. I texted Yukio; Talk to me

I waited for his reply, picking at a string on my uniform anxiously. An answer didn't seem to be coming so I sent him another text; Please?

This time he answered right away; Why should I?

I sighed, at least he was answering me now; Because this is one big, fucked up mess, and I'm really sorry for everything the cram school has done to you.

I waited for him to receive the message and I heard something fall to the ground in his room. His door slammed and I was suddenly forced forward as he pushed open my door. He slid into the room, an angry expression on his face. I got to my feet only to have him shove me against the wall. "It's too late to say sorry, Rin." He was pissed, but I heard pain in his voice. "Why now? Huh? Why have you suddenly decided to care now?" He walked away from me, running his hands through his hair.

I didn't know what to say, and I just stared at him. He had changed his clothes and was wearing a hoodie and jeans, it was the first time in awhile I had seen him look so... normal. I shook my head, berating myself for focusing on fashion at a time like this. "I don't know, Yukio, I'm just sorry. They were cruel to you, and you don't deserve that."

He turned back to me, his expression not changing. "You were in the same group as they were, Rin. You may not have called me names or thrown things at me, but you also didn't do anything, at all. That makes you just as bad as them in my book." He huffed and I was at a loss for words, I opened my mouth but no words fell out. His eyes flashed with anger and he shook his head, "save it." He stated it coldly and stepped to the door, exiting and slamming it behind him.

I sighed, I've suddenly become absolutely useless in every situation I'm put in. I raked my fingers through my hair and sat on my bed. Such a fucked up mess... that's all I could think of. I glanced around my room, I better get used to the sight of this quaint place, because as long as Stacey was torturing me, I wouldn't see much else.

Which sucks, because within minutes, I found myself becoming antsy. I shook my head, I needed to do something to busy myself. I glanced around my room, spotting my dirty clothes. Sighing, I got up and placed them in the hamper. I walked to my closet, grabbing a shirt and sweatpants. I changed my clothes and added my uniform to my dirty laundry.

Lifting the basket, I entered the hallway and walked down the flights of stairs. When I reached the first floor, I opened the door to the laundry room and set my dirty clothes next to the washing machine. My mind was still buzzing, but doing the housework seemed to help ebb my anxiety. I tossed my clothes into the machine and added detergent. I remained sitting in front of the glass door and watched the drum spin back and forth methodically. I sighed, chewing on my lip.

I've been accused of rape, and no one was believing me. How on earth would I get myself out of this? My mind shifted to Yukio, I wanted to gain his forgiveness somehow, I needed to make things right with him. I realized with a gasp that I didn't know what he thought of the rumor. I pulled my phone from my pocket and brought up his contact; hey... you don't think I really did anything to that girl, right...?

I set my phone on the ground next to me and stared at the black screen, waiting for a response. After minutes passed by and my phone still hadn't buzzed with a response, I swallowed hard. I chewed on my lip harshly, feeling my fangs pierce my skin. My breathing hitched and I pulled my knees to my chest, hugging them close. I rested my forehead on my knees, tears dripping from my eyes and staining my sweatpants. My own brother didn't even believe that I was innocent. My lip trembled and I decided to stop holding back, sobs echoing off the walls of the stark room as my body shook.

From an outside view, one would have seen a hopeless boy crying by himself on the ground, on the lower floor. However, they would have also seen another boy, a few flights up, crying by himself and locked in his room. The twin's mirrored each other, their heads unable to handle their situations. However, while they had two very different problems, they shared one thing; they felt helpless and utterly alone.