Chapter Forty-Three

Marcel's POV

"The bruised apple over the nice ripe one, Loki over Thor, or even the station wagon over the Ferrari?" in my drunken state I still rant about how idiotic it was for her to choose Edward, "shall I go on?"

It probably wouldn't have bothered me as much if she chose Harry. Honestly, I feel like if anyone, she would have chose Harry. I'd feel less bad about it, but she chose Edward, which is clearly the most nautical thing anyone could ever do. There's no thrill in it, and I'm sure that's what she was looking for.

"No," she shakes her head, "I just thought you'd be there for me."

"You thought," I laugh, "you thought wrong sister."

"But you're drunk and I understand the state in which you're in," she frowns and pulls me away from Leeroy and his attractive friend. I didn't learn her name.

"Ow what the heck," she pulls me into a closet, "why are we in here?"

"Talk to me," she pleads, "I know you're mad at me because I chose Edward but I didn't know you liked me. Honestly. I didn't think you did. You showed signs but I don't know?"

"What I want to know is," I pause to burp, "why Edward?"

"He was good to me," she's swift to respond.

"Was," I end up laughing and she doesn't look happy at all. I'm drunk so I don't care. It's a poor excuse but it's my house, technically my party as Harry said.

"Yes I realize that," she looks down and rubs her hands together.

"Well you didn't realize that there was a good guy here in the closet," it's my drunk joke you could say as I point to myself. She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. Sassy.

"I'm sorry," she says. I feel like she's said sorry a million times.

"You're always sorry," I give her a mad look, "stop being sorry." I quietly say. Either I'm sobering up quite fast or this is a side effect that makes you think you're not as drunk as you think you are?

"Well I am and I want you to know I'm done with you're brother," she scoots back and knocks down a coat hanger, "sorry."

"Stop that, it's just a coat hanger," I put my drink on a small shelf. I should stop drinking.

"I never realized you were the real Prince Charming to my fairytale," she smiles. What.

"What fairy tale?" I'm confused. Is she flirting with me? I can't tell. As you can see, I'm not very good at spotting these kinds of things. Plus, I don't need anymore false hope.

"Yeah," she walks closer, "my fairy tale." This tiny closet is making me sweaty and I'm beginning to think I'm claustrophobic.

"Yeah okay," I push her away, "I'm going to find Leeroy now," I open the closet door, "nice chatting with you." I leave her there while I run away amongst the crowds of people.

Edwards POV

My nose stings like hell, Harrys raging over me and Macey is on the floor.

"What the hell!?" I grab my nose. I pull my hand away and blood is dripping over it.

"I'm not saying one word to you, but just so you know, Olivia was here standing over there," he points to the single couch next to me, "not too long ago. So add it up and see what you come up with. Hope you get the idea."

Awe Fuck! She saw me with Macey. It's clear to me and I'm too drunk already. How am I supposed to find her now? I can't walk straight, and I clearly can't think straight since Macey's on the damn flor after she almost sucked my mouth dry. I fucked up big time.