Chapter Twenty-Seven

Edwards POV

"What do you mean you're getting married?" Dad yanks Harry and I from the floor. I shoot Harry a nice smile as he returns me a glare.

"It means that I'll be in a nice white dress walking down the aisle sometime next year," she says. Next year? Damn, already has the date planned.

"Gemma you can't get married. You're barely 20 years old," Dad wants to yank all the hair he has left on his head.

"But I'll be 21 in 2 months tops," she laughs.

"Are you seriously getting married?" Harry asks.

"Yes," she insists.

"I feel bad for the poor fellow," I joke. Literally, I feel bad. He has to put up with 3 manly, okay 2 of the 3 manly triplets and then there's Marcel.

"Gemma," my mother sighs, "Congratulations baby!" she goes over and hugs Gemma.

"We have to get started! We need a cater and we have to get decorations. Have you chosen what color scheme? I like lilac or maybe even a nice caramel with turquoise accents and oh we need a nice cake and-"

"Wait a second!" dad interrupts mother and Gemmas early planning.

Oh god.

"We don't even know this guy?" Dads right. We've never met him. We don't know if he could be a criminal. What if he's a fucking free loader looking for money?

"That's true Gemma. We have never met him and all of a sudden you are engaged?" Marcel shrugs.

"You guys do know him," she smiles, "and he's coming over tomorrow before I leave so you guys will have time to chat with him."

"No way," Harry pushes passed us.

"What do you mean no way," Dad doesn't seem happy with this news about Gemma and now he looks even more pissed off because of Harry.

"I have a date!" he says.

"Oh so now you admit to it," I laugh. Fucking prick.

"Shut up. Point is, I would love to meet your fiancé but I can't," he throws his arms back.

"Cancel it," Dad insists.

"I can't cancel it," Harry frowns.

"How special is this girl? Are you dating her?" Dad asks and I look over waiting for the answer.

"No but-"

"Then that's that," Dad sits down, "you can't go. So why should it matter? It's a whole different story if you aren't dating."

"Well this date can change everything! She might want to," Harry is trying to get out of this but it's not working.

"Sorry son but this is important I guess you could say. No warning it just happens," dad frowns.

"Thanks dad," Gemma whispers. I know she's disappointed dad with the news.

Gemmas POV

I know this was a bad idea. I should have waited for a better time to announce this. I'm my fathers little girl and I know he's completely hurt by the news. Especially since I have yet to introduce my future husband to them.

"I'm dismissing myself from the table," I whimper and run to the stairs trying to hold in the tears until I reach my old room.

Harrys POV

"Why can't you just be happy for her?" I tell my father.

"Why are you getting upset with me? You are trying to get out of this by going on that date?" he says.

"Stop it!" mother shouts, "all of you are acting like children!"

"Dad made her cry!" I say.

"Harry you sound like a girl," Edward laughs.

"Shut up Eddy before I beat the shit out of you," I pester him.

"Well she should have brought him over or something?" Dad shrugs.

"Oh please Desmond," mom huffs, "you would have freaked out if she brought anyone home."

"You would have flipped shit," Edward laughs.

"Well she's my little girl," Dads eyes begin to pool with tears, "what do expect. Don't you think this announcement hurt me enough?"

Dad stands from the table and both Edward and I step back. Were both scared of dad. He's a scary man.

"Go on that date Harry. Go wherever the bloody hell you all want. I don't give a damn anymore," he leaves the room with mother following him. Leaving Marcel Ed and I alone in the dining room.

"Dammit!" I slam my fist on the table then check it to see if I didn't to any damage.

"Your such a fucking prick," Edward smirks.

"Fuck you," I growl.

"You guys should really stop fighting," Marcel says. Edward was about to say something to him, but stops reminding himself why he shouldn't.

"I don't think that'll ever happen Marc," I say and walk away to my room downstairs.

I walk down and plop myself onto the bed. I pull out the small piece of paper in my jeans pocket and unfold it. Olivia had given me her number before class ended so I would have for tomorrow. I examine well how neat the number and name is written perfectly in purple ink and I swear I can smell her perfume on it.

I retrieve my phone and dial her number. Instead of the usual ringing, a song plays instead. It's The 1975. What?

"Hello," he sweet voice answers.

"Olivia?" how stupid.

"Yes whose this?" she says.

"I-it's Harry," I say.

"Oh hi Harry," I can tell she's smiling on the other end.

"Listen I can't make it to the movies tomorrow," I tell her.

"Why not?" I know she isn't smiling anymore.

"My sisters bringing over her new fiancé tomorrow for the family to finally meet," I tell her.

"What do you mean to finally meet? Shouldn't you have met him before she got engaged?" her laughs gives me a sign of relief.

"Yeah that's what we thought but I guess not?" I smile like an idiot and I'm glad she can't see it.

"It's okay Harry," she says.

"Um do you want to come over tomorrow?" what am I doing.

"I don't think that's a good idea," she laughs, "the last time I went you and Edward had a brawl in the theatre room."

"Right. How about we reschedule for Saturday?" I insist.

"I can't Saturday," she tells me. Damn.

"May I ask why?"

"Edward and I are going bowling," she announces.

"My brother Edward," I emphasize.

"We'll not just us. Macey's going too and I guess his band mates," she tells me.

"Oh," I try not to sound disappointed.

"You can come along to," she tries to invite.

"Nah..I..I hate bowling," I softly say and hang up the phone before she has anytime to answer me.

Fuck!

"Edward!" I shout as I march up the stairs and then the second flight of stairs to his room.

"Edward!"

"Why are you shouting?" Marcel comes out the room in his plaid night pants and a star ward t-shirt.

"Edwards going out bowling Saturday with Olivia," I tell him.

"What!" Marcels eyes go wide.

"Edward!" I bang on his door.

"What the fuck do you want!" Once he opens the door my fist meets his face.