Chapter Forty-Nine

Harry's POV

Gemma is still crying on the couch. Dad pulled mum away to go talk about the disastrous night that just occurred. Marcel's run off and I'm sitting across the room just watching Gemma sob. I honesty don't know what to tell her. I've always been the one to comfort her but I just can't tonight for some reason and it's driving me crazy seeing my sister go through this pain right now.

What can I do? Maybe if I go talk to Jeff? Maybe if I can convince him to come back to the house and talk to Gemma things will get better. I know Edward should be the one to do this but I know him and although he meant no harm tonight, he wouldn't do this. So while Gemma lays there in distress, I grab my car keys and head out the door to Jeff's parents.

I open the door just as I am about I leave, I find the one and only Jeff sitting out on the porch with his hands covering his face. He's crying, I can tell because he's making these really loud crying noises.

"Hey," I whisper. I walk closer and he makes no move whatsoever, "Jeff. It's me Harry."

"Oh hey," he rubs his eyes. They are red and swollen which means he's been crying, obviously.

"Hey man," I sit next to him, "why did you run off like that? You know you really hurt my sister."

"I'm sorry," he sighs, "I didn't mean for it to all go like that. It's just...after I heard your brother say he cheated on my little sister, I lost it. She's never had a boyfriend and I worry."

"But you told us you didn't mind if she had one," I remind him. The exact day we met him and found out he was Olivia Grace's brother, he told us and admitted he didn't mind that she dated.

"I don't," he replies honestly, "but I always told her to introduce him to me first before going to my dad."

"Yeah I heard him say she wasn't allowed to date? What was that about?" I ask. Olivia's dad seems like a nice guy but after tonight, I'm not so sure anymore.

"He's just very over-protective of her," he states and lets out a deep sigh, "he lets her do things like go to parties and hangout with her friends, only because I've convinced him to. If not she'd be even more reserved than she already is."

"So you basically had to convince him to let her do all of that?" I ask.

"Yeah, if not she'd be trapped an I didn't want that for her," he says, "plus I don't blame her for not telling me about Edward. And I have a theory on why she chose home out of all people. No offense," he adds.

"None taken," I laugh, "but what's your theory?" I would love to know!

"Well have you heard the saying 'Strict parents create sneaky kids' ?" he looks at me.

"Yeah," I say.

"Well I think that's what happened to Olivia. I'm sure she was fed up with my dad always bossing her around and not letting her date anyone. So for the thrill of it, she dated the bad boy with tattoos and the deceiving attitude," that makes so much sense now.

"We you the Edward of your family?" I look at his sleeves of tattoos.

"No, Edwards is the Jeff of your family," he laughs, "you could say I was troubled. My parents were harsh on me too, and still are to this day."

"But what I don't get is why Ed is the way he is? Our parents aren't so strict on us. We literally have everything," I look out at the sky. The moon literally acts as a giant lantern.

"Maybe it's the crowd he's around," Jeff shrugs.

"I don't know," I lean back, "but you should really go talk to Gemma. She hasn't stopped crying since you ran out."