Chapter 9 Straight Home

Training. Who knew it could be so fun?

Beating up on inanimate objects is the highlight of my day. Yeah, I realize how wrong that sounds.

But everything came to a stop when Zane used Spinjitzu to freeze the floor and cause all of us to slip.

"This roof isn't big enough for the five of us." Kai complained. "Correction. This roof isn't big enough for him." Cole added.

"It's like he's in his own world! I bet he can't even hear us!" Jay yelled at Zane. "Yeah, in training, he's always taking the best weapons. It has to stop!" I said folding my arms.

Sensei walks up to us, probably to reprimand us. We all know that Zane is his favorite. "Sensei, Zane's... weird." Kai said, trying not to sound too rude.

"What is weird?" Sensei asked "Someone who is different, or someone who is different from you?"

"No Sensei, he's just, weird weird." Cole said. "I'm serious! The guy just walks in on me while I'm in the bathroom." Cole started.

Ok, pause for a second. That. Is just. Wrong. "Yeah, I was watching a movie with Nya, he walks in and just starts laughing out of nowhere!" Jay complained.

"Yesterday, since Cole was cooking, I had to get a midnight snack. I look in the fridge and he's sitting inside, eating my sandwich, and giving me a wedge of cheese." Kai added.

"Not to mention when we were playing video games yesterday. You guys remember! I was going to make the game winning boomerang shot! My favorite move! But, before it hits the final boss, he gets in the way, kills the both of us, makes us lose the game and start all the way over again!" I said.

"We like the guy, he's really smart, he's just, off sometimes." Kai finished.

"Zane is a brother, and brothers are often different. I should know." Sensei said.

In the moments of silence when we were thinking about what Sensei said, the gong rung, and that meant there had to be..."Mail!" We yelled as we headed for the gate.

The postman slowly reached into is bag and gave us our mail. "Let's see. A letter from Jay's parents, Kai had a fan letter, ah, something from Cole's father, and a box of letters from Omar's family." He droned on.

"What? No package? I expected something from 'Creatures, Beasts and Beyond'." Cole asked. "No, nothing from... oh wait! Here it is." He said, handing Cole a small box.

"Haha! Rocky's gonna love this!" Cole ran off to feed his dragon. "Hey Zane, how come you never hear anything from your parents?" Jay asked.

"Touchy subject Jay." I whispered. "I don't remember my parents. I've been an orphan all of my life." He answered. "So you've never had a home?" Kai continued.

"Touchy subject..." I whispered a bit louder. "The monastery is your home now." Sensei said to Zane. "Well, I have some letters to read." I said as I went inside.

"Let's see, one from Bethany, one from Jack and Mackenzie, and, about 10,000,000 more from my parents. I was literally drowning in mail.

"Well, I'll just read the letter from Beth" I told myself. I opened the letter and read it.

'Hey little Bro. I've heard you're pretending to save the world with some nerds. I really can't believe that you're trying to be the actual ninja! That's hilarious. And by the way, the real ninja are way too cool for you. Get a life weirdo.
-Bethany

Oh yeah, that's Beth alright. Time for the twins.

'Hi Omar. We really miss you, and we have a lot of questions. What does your house look like? Can you see more stars up there? Bethany asks when you're going to get a life. Carter says if you get any money he gets half. Can we have some money? Can you see a lot of rainbows? Are you a real ninja? Do you have powers? What does your ninja armor look like? Do you have a code name? Do you have a dragon? What color is it? Where's you get it? Will mom let us get one? Can we ride it?'