Chapter 35

Jason's POV ( VOTE VOTE VOTE THANK YOU🤤)

"Shhhhh! We don't want to wake up dad now do we?" I whisper to the twins as we were in the kitchen looking for some chocolate to eat. I felt like having some chocolate for breakfast then I saw these two running into the kitchen all woken up. It's like they knew what I was doing. "Where does Justin keep the damn chocolates?" I whisper to myself as I check every cabinet in the kitchen.

"Daddy, there." I hear Cailin whispering then pointing at the last cabinet on the right. I smiled to her walking up to the kitchen grabbing some.

"Here we are." I put the chocolate down breaking them into pieces. After two minutes of eating I hear footsteps coming from the stairs. That meant one thing, Justin is officially awake!

"Babies get down here." I wave my hands towards them fast pointing at the counter below us. There was table beside it. We quickly hid there. I look to see Justin looking around to spot us. I put my point finger on my lips telling them to be super quiet so we wouldn't get caught doing this.

Justin suddenly came in front of us looking down the table that we were in. We all screamed a little because he looked a bit creepy looking at us.

"What are you guys doing there?" He asks but looking into my eyes only.

"Uh, we were playing hide and seek." I clear my throat getting out.

"Right, then I guess this is nothing." He wipes the corner of my mouth with his finger then licking it. "Mmm, chocolate. Now who was eating it?" I awkwardly grin knowing I'm busted.

Damn it!

"She did!" Drake yells to her sister quickly running away.

"Did not! Daddy did!" She frowns being cute pointing at me.

"Hey baby doll we were supposed to be a team." I whine picking her up putting her on the counter.

"Bae, you know they're not supposed to have chocolate in the morning." He gives me a quick glare and walks up to Cailin kissing her head gently.

"I know but I was craving for some." He hums putting Cailin down as she runs after Drake.

"They're gonna get all jumpy, bae." He laughs pulling me into a hug. I smile and hug him back. "I gotta get ready for work." He pulls away seconds later going to the stove to make some breakfast.

"What do you do?" I ask sitting down on the chair beside the table.

"That doesn't matter."

"Are you a drug dealer?"

"You're not funny."

"So I guess a stripper?" He gives me a straight face and cracks the eggs. "Seriously imagine you as a stripper," I laugh little holding my mouth,"So seriously where do you work?"

"Like I said it doesn't matter." I tap my fingers on the table getting impatient with him.

"What do you mean it doesn't matter? Aren't we supposed to know everything about each other? Plus we are engaged-" he cuts me off with a big sigh.

"Drop it Jason. I'm gonna quit it anyways today." I was about to open my mouth again but he cuts me off once again. "And you need to stay with the kids till I get back please." He smiles putting the plates down on the table.

"Why won't you tell me?" I frowned feeling worried inside my stomach. He didn't reply back but kept playing with his food. "I wanna make up some rules around here since I'm back." I pulled away from my plate and placed my hands on the table. "I don't want you working anymore. I don't want to hear your whining or crying anymore. You've done enough around here for too long it's my job to take care of you guys." He gives me a confused face but I ignore it. "And second since you're still skinny I want you eat properly." He was about to say something but I shake my head. "The chief called me today and told me to come back. I don't know why but he said I was the best they got so as being done I said yes so you can stop worrying about money all the damn time."