Chapter 16

3 weeks later

Justin's POV

"You wanna grow a beard?" I laugh loudly as I was talking on my phone with Charlie I was also watching the news with Adriana on my lap.

"Yeah, I mean I guess-" his voice was stopped by the beeping sound that let's me know someone else is on the other line.

"Hey, hold on someone else is on the line." I press hold going to the other call.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe, just wanted to tell you I'm working late tonight." Jason has been working really hard trying get his spot back. I don't blame him he's really good at it. But I really miss him. He sometimes stays home so I can get to my job and we reverse, he always works late and I don't. I stay home keeping my babies company, we really don't need them growing up with nannies.

As Jason was talking to me I saw the news talking about some homeless guy out in the streets killing people. This Deja vu all over again.

"Yeah, okay. See you tonight or tomorrow morning."

"Wait, I also didn't pay for the telephone. I kinda forgot." I could feel him grinning awkwardly on the other side.

"Yeah, I've noticed."

"Okay, I gotta go love you." As I was to reply he already hanged up on me. I quickly went to the other line to Charlie but he already ended the call as well. I bit my lip getting up forgetting Adriana is on my lap making her meow really loud. Oops.

I go upstairs to the twins to put them in the crib they were on ground on those jungle gyms having the life of their lives.

"Sorry, sweets but it's bed time let's go," I pick both up carrying them in my arms. I hear a thunder going on making me groan not liking the noise. I pat both of their backs calming them down after 10 minutes both of them calmed down and finally went to sleep.

I putted both of them in the crib, happily dancing a little because both are finally asleep.

I suddenly hear some noises coming from downstairs. I breath out trying to calm my self down after clearing my throat I slowly look at the hall seeing no one there. Jason's at work there's no way he's here or he could be back, right?

I pick up one of Jason's favorite statue slowly walking around the rooms trying to spot something. I already locked the doors. I bet I'm only imagining things. Suddenly my mind goes to the kitchen door, I didn't lock that. I swallow hard trying my best not to panic.

I didn't want to make a sound to give myself away slowly walking down the stairs but the squeaking was a dead give away.

Stupid woody stairs.

I still looked around not spotting anything, damn I couldn't even find the lights. Another thunder goes again making the sky light up for a second.

A thunderstorm is on it's way, people.

After moments I didn't spot anything I gave up putting the lights on my phone on. I was slowly walking around spotting an old bag hit my feet. I look at it not recognizing the bag at all. It smelled so awful it almost made me throw up it was smelling like a hundred year old rotten egg.

But this was never here when I was down here.

I then knew someone definitely was in the house. But why leave the bag here giving himself or herself away?

Gosh, this is not good. Why does this always have to happen when Jason isn't around?

Breaking out of my thoughts I hear something break in the other room. Picking up the statue, I think to myself why don't I have a gun with me but this thing?