Chapter 4-Gwen and My Room

Milee's P.O.V.

"Oh.My.God" That was all that came out of my mouth.

There was a huge staircase in the middle of the room that led to the second, and maybe third floors. the floors were made of marble as well as the staircase. The walls had an intricate print on them and had photo frames scattered on top of them. There was also a huge golden chandeliar that hung from the top of the white ceilings. It was an absolute breath taking sight. There was also pieces of furniture and antiques lined along the walls.

"Grandma, are you really, really rich?!" I blurted out.

"Oh honey. See, when my parents died, I got all the inheritance since I was an only child. When I got the inheritance, I learned that my parent had more that 15 million pounds in they're bank account. It was a very pleasant surprise. I got this land from the inheritance to and I built this house on it about 50 years ago." She said with a smile on her face. That is so awesome!!

"That is awesome" I said still looking around with wide eyes.

"Well we better get going. You know where to find us if you need anything and that goes for you to Milee. Call us if you need a ride. Bye grandmum. Bye Milee!" They both said as they made their way back outside.

"Bye sweethearts!" Grandmother said while waving to them.

"Bye Clay. Bye Chase!" I said while bye to them.

Grandmother closed the door and a small lady came up to me. She looked like she was in her late twenties.

"Hi. You must be Milee."She said while holding out her hand for me to shake.

"Um hi?" I said putting on a confused face. I thought my grandma lived alone?

"Oh I didn't tell you about Gwendolyn! sorry dear, this is Gwendolyn. She helps me around the house since, let's face it, I can't do everything anymore." My grandmother explained to me.

"Oh. Well nice to meet you" I said slapping a fake smile on my face. There was something about her that I didn't like.

"Well, I made dinner. Some Mexican food to make you feel at home." she said while grabbing some of my bags. What the actual fuck.

"I'm not Mexican. I'm American.Ya know, from America" I said with a no-dipshit tone in my voice.

"Oh. My bad. I thought that when your grandmum told me you were coming she said that you were Mexican. I'm so sorry!" She said. I knew she wasn't really sorry, you could tell by her tone.

"It's fine. I like Mexican food." I said with a flat tone.

"Ok, honey. Gwen dear, why don't you show Milee her room." We made our way up the staircase and took a right down a long hallway. I noticed there were a lot of rooms that I would check out tomorrow since I was planning on going straight to sleep after dinner. We got to the end of the hallway and Gwen opened the door for me.

I stepped inside and the smell of flowers wafted through the air. The room was big but I wasn't surprised since everything in this house was big. It was a lavender color which made me smile because it went really well with the furniture. I was a bit OCD so everything had to be perfect or I would make it perfect. The furniture was white, but the couches were floral. there was a flat screen tv, a white vanity, a huge bathroom which was a peach color, and a king sized bed with floral sheets that matched the couches. There was a big window with cream curtains with a breathtaking view of London. The windowsill had padding and a few throw pillows so you could sit. I think I would be going there a lot to think. I made my way around the room and found a slide door. I slide it open, it was dark inside but when I stepped in lights automatically turned on. The closet a cream color and was stocked, and I mean STOCKED, with clothing and shoes. There was a top shelf that was lined with designer purses that I felt if I touched, I would ruin.

I stepped back into my room to find my bags on top of my bed. I decided to take a quick shower to freshen up before dinner so I went over to my clothing luggage and picked the first pair of pajamas that I could find. It was a long sleeve, navy blue longed sleeve pajama shirt and a pair of tribal printed pajama shorts.

I went into the bathroom and turned the shower on. I stripped off my clothes and stepped in, letting the hot water soothe my skin.

After I was done I wrapped a towel around myself and stepped out. I put on my clothes and put my wet hair into a bun on the top of my head.

I walked into the kitchen to find a long dining table filled with all different types of food. Wait. I don't think I told grandmother that I was a vegetarian.

I looked at my grandmother who was sitting down at the table patiently waiting for me to come so that we could eat together. I can just read minds like that.

"Um grandmother. I think I forgot to tell you that I'm a vegetarian. I'm sorry I didn't realize until I saw all the food." I said making crossing my hands over the bottom of my neck.

" Oh, don't worry dear. I think I forgot to tell you that I was one too. Killing animals is absolutely absurd." She smiled up at me. I took my hands off my chest and smiled back. I liked her personality, I think we would get along quite well.

"Ok, well then let's eat!" I cheered as I sat down.

During dinner I found out a lot of things about my grandma and her me. I learned that she was 69 years old (haha, 69) and that her birthday is on June 24. I also learned things about my grandfather, but i knew she still missed him because that sparkle in her eyes was gone when she talked about him.

I said goodnight and made my way upstairs. I realized that I had promised Isis that I would call her back when I was in the Range Rover with Clay and Chase.

I went to my nightstand and picked up my phone as I sat down on my bed. I realized that I had 3 missed calls and 4 text messages.

The missed calls were from my parents and I decided I would call them back in the morning. I opened up the green text message icon on the home screen of my iPhone to see who had sent me 4 text messages and saw that 3 were from Isis and decide to read those first.

From Isis: Hey Girl! How's your grandmothers house?

From Isis: OMG! You will not believe this! I'm coming to London early! Be there tommorrow!!!!!!:)

From Isis: So your not responding to me so either your phone is off, you hate me, or your busy 'doing stuff'! O, sorry I just realized that it's 5 hours ahead in London. Bye, luv you!;)<3

I giggled at the messages and was happy that she was coming tomorrow. I looked at the other message and saw that Sean sent it.

From Sean: Hey Milee! Just wanted to say hi and that maybe we could hang out later? If you wanted to of course. Well anyways I gotta go, goodbye!;)

I replied to Isis's texts but decided to leave Sean's alone because I didn't really want to talk to him right now.

To Isis: Well first, my grandmothers house is amazing and so big! We are going to have a fab time living together! Second, that's so great because I have some things I need to tell you......:)! And third, yeah. different time zones. It's kinda weird but I guess I'll adjust to it! Bye!!:)

I set my phone back on the table and got up and turned the lights off.

I crawled into bed and tried to go to sleep but failed. So I just laid awake thinking about my life right now.