Pieces of memories

"Morning," he smiled and he couldn't help the way his heart rate increased as he looked at her. She wore a pair of loose grey tracksuit bottoms and one of his jumpers, that was far too big for her.

"I presume this is yours," she smiled, "it's smells familiar,"

He held out his hand and scooped up some hospital blankets,

"Where are we going," she asked and he smiled, "to the roof... I know just how much you like being outside for sunrise,"

As she always had, she leaned into his chest and he cuddled her too him as he held the blanket around them.

"I love watching the sunrise... I think it's beautiful and it signals the start of another day," she told him,

"I think I remembered something last night,"

"You did?" He asked, his lips brushing against her hair gently,

"We were sat like this on a plane," she smiled, "we were hungover and pleased that the flight was pushed to the evening... We sat and watched the sunset whilst we were taking off, and we ignored the air hostess who told us to put our seat belts back on,"

"We're we together then Jacob?"

"No... We weren't...." He smiled, "we were flying over to Vietnam I think,"

"Are you cold?" He asked and she shook her head, "no... Not really... I feel more like myself out here with you than I have since I woke up... I just... I keep getting these weird flashes of my life, sometimes they make sense, other times the whole memory doesn't reappear... I feel like I'm watching film of clips of my life,"

"Where was I going when I had the accident?"she asked and he exhaled,

"You were going home... To work..."

"I remember crying as I drove out of a driveway that I presume was yours... Did we argue?"

"No," he admitted, "saying goodbye was hard for both of us,"

"This is harder," she admitted, feeling him nod from behind her, "you're right about that."

She fell asleep on his chest and rather than wake her, he sat and held her for a while. He loved this woman, and he vowed at that point that he'd love her forever.