Amnesia

I apologise in advance for this part and I may even run away and hide 🙈

He watched as her eyes flickered open. She looked so small and petite in the large bed and he wanted to envelop her into his arms and never let her go.

There was something about her that was different, he was used to a woman who could make any country her own, he'd never seen her look so disorientated.

"Where am I?..." She asked quietly, her voice sounding so unlike her own,

"You're in Cardiff HDU... when you're a bit more stable we can transport you home..."

"Cardiff?" She asked, "why am I in Cardiff?" She uttered, watching how the doctor looked at the man next to her,

"Why am I here?" She repeated, "I live in Holby... I don't know anybody in Cardiff..."

"Connie... What was the last thing you remember?" The doctor asked and Jacob found he couldn't quite move or react,

"I remember going on holiday with Michael... We had an argument... Where is Michael, where's my wedding ring?" She asked, beginning to feel agitated and confused and completely uninformed.

Jacob shook his head, "do you know who I am Connie?"

The fear in her face that something was wrong was obvious, "my doctor? A nurse?"

"I think we need to get you a head CT," the doctor nodded, "Jacob... I need a word."

"I know you love her Jacob," the neurologist told him, "but she's scared, don't try and pressure her into remembering... Not until we know what's going on..."

"Paul," she uttered, "thank god you're here,"

"Welcome back sweetheart," he smiled, hugging her, surprised as she held onto him tightly.

"I don't know where I am or what's happening to me? That man asked if I knew him... Jacob I think he said his name was... Do I know him... Should I know him?"

Paul watched her closely and sighed, "move over,"

She did as he asked and watched as he took off his jacket and his shoes, before slipping into the bed beside her. She cuddled into him as he wrapped an arm around her chest, "Jacob was your boyfriend Con... You travelled the world with him,"

"What's happening to me Paul?"

He stroked her hair gently, watching as she tried to fight the fatigue she felt washing over her, "go to sleep Connie,"

"Will you stay?" She asked, and he nodded, "of course."