CHAPTER 44

"Home, sweet, home." I sighed as I got out of the car and Harry got our bags from the back seat.

"Hey, hey, no abrupt movements." He quickly stood by my side and enlaced an arm around my waist, while his other hand grabbed one of mine, steading my body so I wouldn't fall.

"I'm just getting out of the car, Harry. How can that be an 'abrupt movement'?" I rolled my eyes, but enjoyed the feeling of Harry's arm around me. I wasn't going to admit that I was feeling a bit dizzy, but I just couldn't decide if it was because of the concussion or having him beside me.

"I was thinking..." He started. "Since you don't have a car now, you can drive mine." He stopped our short walk towards the apartment building to look at me.

"What? Absolutely not, Harry. And what will you drive? Nut-uh." I shook my head.

"I can just use my motorcycle." He shrugged. "Come on, I can't let you walk to places and I promise that whenever I need it I'll use, okay? How about that?" Harry insisted.

"Okay?" I slowly agreed. I knew that he would only insist more if I didn't agree.

"Perfect." He beamed and helped me get to the front door.

We walked into the elevator and Harry pressed the button, before stepping beside me and circling his arm around my waist again. I smiled at him and fidgeted anxiously.

"Can't wait to see little Beau again!" I squealed. I've missed that puppy so much while I was at the hospital, that all I wanted was to spend the day cuddled with him and Harry.

Harry beamed down at me and kissed my forehead just as the elevator made a sound, indicating we had arrived at our floor. The elevator doors opened and I ran towards Harry's apartment door, jumping up and down, while he purposefully slowed down, taking his precious time to search for his keys in his pocket.

"Harryyyy, come on!" I called and he laughed, two cute dimples lighting up his entire face as he smiled.

"Someone is a little too excited." He retorted and stopped beside me. As soon as he got the door unlocked, I pushed him aside to enter the living room, calling out Beau's name.

"Beau, baby, where are you?" I yelled and not long after I saw a small tail waving side to side and coming towards me from behind the couch.

"Beau! Hi, baby!" I squealed and crouched down to Beau's level and he jumped on me, excitedly licking my facing and letting out small cries of happiness.

"I've missed you so much!" I pet him and hugged him, taking him off the floor, while he kept licking my cheeks and nibbling anywhere he could.

I turned around to see Harry leaning into the doorway, watching us in awe and with a huge smile on his plump lips. I smiled back at him and made my way to stand in front of him, with Beau on my arms, who became even more restless at the sight of Harry.

"I've missed this." Harry almost whispered and took a step forward. "Having you here is so... normal. You make this place feel like home, Mel and I'm glad I didn't come back here while you were at the hospital, because I sure as hell couldn't be here knowing that you weren't coming through that door anytime soon." He cupped my cheeks, while his green eyes burned into mine.

"I've missed this, too, Harry, but I always feel at home when I'm with you, wherever we may be." He sighed and smiled, pressing his forehead against mine and closing his eyes.

"That's all I want, baby, all I'll ever want." He exhaled, before lightly pressing his lips on mine.

Suddenly, everything around us became dull. All I could feel, taste, see, smell was Harry, my heart slammed on my chest and all of my senses were entirely consumed by Harry.