CHAPTER 10

I woke up early on that Sunday, with a grin on my face, not really knowing why. I knew that Harry and I couldn't go much further, relationship wise, but I also knew that our 'status' as friends would allow me to be around him.

When I came up to him at that pub on Friday night, I couldn't imagine what was going to happen. Now, I was more confused than ever, and I didn't quite know if I liked him or not. All of this was taking it's toll on me, I was starting to feel stressed about this whole situation, but all of my thoughts of 'what are we doing?', 'do I like him?', 'do I even want him as a friend?' were muffled with the idea of meeting him later that day.

I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to get some breakfast, only to be greeted with a smiling Ana, who beat me and was already sipping on a fresh cup of coffee from our new coffee maker, which I was absolutely in love with.

"Hello, stranger. Haven't seen you in a while." I smiled at her and she furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you talking about? We talked yesterday morning!" She objected, smile returning to her face.

"Yeah, and then you were gone!" I fell deep in thought remembering the events of yesterday's morning and wondering if Jack would ever try to contact me again. "Well, I couldn't just stay here and listen to you having sex. I felt like I was at a freaking porno!" She whispered-yelled. Damn my dirty mouth for being loud!

"Oh, so you heard that, huh?" I shyly asked, eyes focusing on my feet in embarrassment and cheeks flushing a dark color of crimson. "Yeah, when I opened the door to him and he explained who he was, I was kind of impressed by your choice, I mean, he's the complete opposite of Jack, like really intimidating, and when you guys started getting on it I just had to ditch..."

She started rambling about how she ended up going to the same guy's house that she was with Friday night and how he was everything she always wanted while I just sat there waiting for her speech to end, my mind darting to Harry every now and then.

"So, tell me about the bad boy!" Ana raised a brow in curiosity, with a smug look on her face, probably sensing my boredom, as my cheeks flushed again. "Well, there's nothing to tell since we're only friends, I mean, he did save me from Jack yesterday, but I guess that's what friends do. Anyways, I'm seeing him again today and-" She interrupted me with wide eyes, not letting me finish.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold on, save you from Jack? Am I missing something here?" She put her mug down on the kitchen counter and waited for my answer with a clear look of worry in her face.

I explained everything that happened as she let me vent, not interrupting even a little. She sat on the stool next to me and caressed my arm every time a tear would roll down my cheek. "Wow, Mel, I'm really sorry it all happened this way, but I'm kind of glad that it did though." She looked at me with a sad smile. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Your relationship with Jack was not healthy, and by not healthy I mean completely platonic and unreciprocated. He used you and took advantaged of your feelings for him, basically, you were his toy." She petted my arm, trying to comfort me from the harsh truth. "It killed me to see what he was doing to you, but I also knew how strong your feelings for him were and that's why I couldn't bring myself to intervene. So, yeah, I'm glad you'll no longer have to put up with that anymore."

After Ana's words, I felt some sort of relief, for the first time since it all happened. She was right after all. Jack used me during all this time. The worst part was that I allowed him to use me like that, always convincing myself that he would change and that he only did that because, deep down, he loved me.