CHAPTER 13

MEL'S P.O.V.

The past two weeks have been the best and worst that I've ever had. Best because after one week of moping around and feeling sad, I could finally start feeling like myself again. This time I didn't have to worry about Jack making a comeback or Harry, so I took the time to work on myself and worry about what I should have been paying attention to in the first place; my future.

And worst because everything seemed to remind me of Harry. I even thought that I was legitimately crazy, as I began seeing him everywhere I went. But I knew that my mind was only playing tricks on me.

I couldn't deny that I was missing him, every minute of every hour he was on my mind. I would always find myself reminiscing about him or something he did, like how he would always found a way to keep looking at me, or how his scent was so familiar and made me feel so at home, how he let his protective side take over him when Jack and I were arguing, even though he didn't need to.

I missed him and there was nothing I could do about it. I couldn't put myself in the same type of relationship that I had with Jack, I was miserable the entire time and my only moments of relief were when he was with me. I couldn't go through that again.

I could feel our magnet attraction pulling me into Harry, but I didn't allow it to take over me, not even once. I had to be strong and I had to learn how to live by myself, so I could finally be free of my persistent fear of being alone. But most of all I had to learn how to just let things be.

My constant need to be in control of things didn't allow me to enjoy the simple things in life. I've always had my whole future planned ahead of me and there was nothing that could change my main focus of being a successful doctor. Falling in love was never on my plans and, unfortunately, it happened. Jack was my first and last love.

It seemed that Jack was only put in my life to show me that diverging from your main plans, could only end badly. Now I've learned from my mistake so I decided to remain fully focused on my future, knowing that I would allow anything or anyone stop me anymore. At least, that was what I convinced myself that I was doing.

It was Friday in the afternoon, when I got home from a tiring shift at work to a giddy Ana holding a bottle of beer in her hand.

"Hey, drunkie!" I giggled noticing her tipsy behavior. "Hey, you gorgeous woman!" Her words were slurred and she had a big smile on her face.

"Now I definitely know that you're drunk!" I giggled again and she spun on her feet, imitating a ballerina. "Or, if I know you well, I'd say that you want something from me." She gave me a mischievous smile before skipping in my direction, taking my hands on hers once she was in front of me.

"Well, I was hoping you'd come to this party with me today, it's a bit far so I thought you could drive?" She asked me and I huffed, knowing that I'd have to be the one to take care of her when she got too drunk.

"I'm not really in the mood for a party, Ana." I rolled my eyes, letting go of her hands and walking towards the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea.

"Oh, come on, Mel, you need to get out and stop moping around because of this Harry guy and I'm sure we'll find yourself a nice football player for you there, pleeeeeease!" She begged with puppy eyes. I was very declined to say no, but then I remember that doing that would mean I'd stay at home alone again.

"Fine, okay, but we'll come back when I say so." I stated with conviction and she nodded happily. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! You won't regret it, I promised" She squealed, clapping her hands together and jumping around.