CHAPTER 33

It was a Friday night when I realised how lucky I was and how far I've had come since I've been raped. After three weeks of getting Harry to listen to my rants and vents about everything you could ever imagine, I finally started to see things in a better light.

Harry had been so amazing and patient. With each day that passed, I could feel myself getting stronger and better. My mind was no longer playing tricks on me and I didn't feel like every time I'd turn on a corner, Niall would pop out of it.

Everything was going great and, even though I spent most of my time with Harry and in his apartment, I'd still talk to Ana every day, we were finally inseparable like we were before. Of course, she was still bummed down that Liam had broken up with her, but since she was seeing Jack, she kind of just let it go.

I partially used all of those three weeks to try and get my inspiration back and to fully use the studio Harry and Liam had built for me. It was amazing to be able to do something I've had loved for so long. I've forgotten how good it felt to just pour out my feelings in a blank canvas and that really helped me during my recovery.

I got at Harry's apartment from work that Friday night, expecting him to be watching tv or working, since we had agreed on ordering some takeout and he said that he would wait for me to do so, since he was really indecisive. Opposed to what I thought, Harry was nowhere to be seen.

I've searched the entire apartment and couldn't find neither Harry or Liam, so I decided on just lying on the couch, watching some random show on tv and waiting for someone to get home. Not too long into the movie I was watching, I felt myself dozing off and taking a nap.

I woke up in a haze, after hearing the front door closing, immediately finding Harry with a large box in his hands and Liam behind him with a childish smile. Harry carefully place the box on the floor, before coming towards me and kissing me hello.

"Hey, what is this?" I pointed at the carton box lying on the floor and Liam giggled, clapping his hands. "Open it! I can't wait to see your face!" Liam squealed and Harry chuckled, so I just moved from my seat on the couch to sit on the floor beside the box.

I was starting to lift the folds open, but was abruptly stopped by a very excited Harry. "Wait!" He sat down beside me and Liam took the seat I was previously on the couch.

"You know how much I want you to feel better, right?" I looked suspiciously at Harry then at Liam, before slowly nodding. "Well, Liam and I thought that this may be a great way to help you, you know... feeling loved." He shrugged and grabbed my hand.

"Okay...?" I was still very suspicious about the content of that large box, but decided on not questioning it and just dig in. So I lift one fold slowly and as I was about to peek at what was inside, again Harry found a way to stop me.

"You know I love you right?" I sighed, putting down the lid and nodding. "You know that I'd do anything to make you happy, right?" I was so curious and overwhelmed by his small speech that I just wanted to rip that box open and see what was inside of it.

"I know that, Harry. What's your point?" I squinted my eyes at him. I felt a little bit guilty for being so stern, but I just wanted to see what he brought on that box. "Oh no, there's no point, I just wanted you to know how much I cared." He shrugged nonchalantly. I rolled my eyes, impatiently waiting for his permission to finally open that God dammed box.

"You may now proceed." Harry gesture towards the box and I eagerly pulled the lids open. Inside, I was pleased to find a small, sleepy, chocolate-haired, golden retriever puppy. It was so cute and small, snuggled in a fuzzy blanket, softly breathing in his sleep, which didn't last long since a loud squealed left my mouth as soon as I eyed the small dog.