CHAPTER 29

"Mel, please..." I turned around and walked to the living room, leaving Harry to follow me or just stay there as I darted towards the door. "Mel! Melissa!" He shouted just as I was about to open the front door, slamming his enormous hand against the hard wood, not allowing me to leave.

"You need to understand that this was not my fault! She came here uninvited and... well, naked and I swear that I didn't know she was coming! Please, Mel! You know I'd never do this to you!" He tried to reason, while I kept staring at the dark wood of the door, too confused to understand what was going on. I turned around in my spot to look at him, he was leaning towards me, his hand still pressed against the door.

I got so used to seeing Jack hanging out with other girls while we were in a relationship. Sadly, I was expecting that kind of behaviour from anyone that I'd probably date after him and Harry was no different. I just really wished that I was wrong.

Granted, I heard him telling her to get out, but I knew that Harry wouldn't last long if I kept depriving him from his 'masculine necessities'. I knew sometime soon he would cave in, he didn't tell me much, but I knew he had girls falling to his feet.

I lost count of how many girls gave him their number in a used napkin of the coffee shop. He would always throw them away, not even aware that I was watching and he never talked to them, but now I was scared that he would start to keep those napkins in his pocket.

It's been more than a month since we last had sex, I knew Harry liked me and was being patient, but I also knew that I wasn't enough to keep him from his 'old ways'. From what Liam and Ana told me, he used to be a big-ass player before he met me and who was I to keep him from doing his thing? Maybe it'd be better for him if I just let him be.

"I get it, Harry, I truly believe you, but I honestly don't know if I can keep doing this." I looked down to my fiddling fingers. "What are you talking about?" He asked, softly, placing the hand that wasn't holding the door shut on my chin, lifting my head up to look at him.

"I know that we haven't had, uhm... s-sex in a while and I can see how miserable it makes you and I can't keep you like this... trapped, just because you think that you need to fix me or help me." I felt a tear rolling down my cheek, followed by a quiet sob. I didn't expect that leaving Harry would be that hard.

"What? What are you talking about, Mel? I thought you were mad at me?" He gently pressed his thumb over my cheek, swiping away the single tear. "I know that you used to have a lot of sex before we met and ever since I was rap... that thing happened, I've not been able to give you what you need. I know you have necessities, just like every other men, so I think that, maybe, it'd be for the best if I set you free, you know? You don't have to feel obligated to take care of me, I'll be fi-" I was cut off by Harry's lips pressed against mine fervently.

We stayed like that for a couple of minutes, lips pressed against each other, not moving, just savouring the moment, tasting each other, hoping that moment would never slip by. "I can't believe I've actually heard those words coming from your mouth." He said after pulling away and chuckled.

"After everything? Really?" He asked with a shocked look on his face. "I beat up that ass of an ex-boyfriend of yours, I tried to protect you from Niall since the beginning, if you remember it, I tried to keep you away from him that night you guys met. Then I beat up his ass too, I went to jail – for a couple of hours, I know – but still, I gave up all those assholes that I called friends, because I knew you wouldn't approve of them. I helped you clean that coffee shop and, if you know me well, you would know that I'm not very fond of helping someone clean. I stayed at the shop every single day while you worked to make sure you were safe and – obviously, for my selfish reasons, too; you know how much I like watching that fine ass of yours. I was there for you every day, Mel. What the fuck made you think that I was in this for the sex?"