CHAPTER 8

HARRY'S P.O.V.

After witnessing what happened at Mel's, I had to get out of there. I had to go before she started to think that I actually cared about her. The plan was simple: fuck her then leave her, but shit got way out of hand because of that asshole of an ex-boyfriend of hers.

Who the hell did he think he was to treat her or anyone like that? I swear to God that if Mel wasn't in the same room I'd have beaten the shit out of him.

For what I understood from their argument, he was a real dick to her during their relationship. I just didn't see why people kept playing with each other instead of just breaking up and going different ways, before hanging out with new people.

Not that I would know any of this, I've never even been in a real relationship and for what I've just seen I really didn't need nor wanted one, too much drama for my taste.

And there I was, picking up the pieces and taking care of her. She was probably already thinking that I was the love of her life. But I couldn't just sit there and watch him being an asshole with her.

The blood from her nose had stopped running down, so I took her back to her bedroom. She was still wrapped in those sheets and I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she actually looked.

Despite everything that happened, her skin was glowing and so was her brown hair, cascading down her shoulders and curling up at the ends in soft waves, her hazel eyes were wide and glossy, a little bit red from all the crying and green specks formed around her irises, but still, she was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

She sat down at the edge of her bed and stared down at the floor, waiting for me to say something. I couldn't keep this going, she needed to know that she meant nothing to me. She was just a quick escape from my nightmares and nothing more.

I didn't want it though. I didn't want leave her. For some fucked up reason, I liked being around her and I couldn't forget the fact that she seemed to be the only person who could actually take my mind off of things. No demons crawling back when I was with her. No dark thoughts and no reminders of the worst days of my life.

Fuck, I didn't have a clue of what do to. Did I leave her and never see her again? Or surrender and let her in? No, there would be no surrendering. I've just witnessed what a relationship can do to people and there was no way I'd let that happen to me, to us.

Harry, there's no us. My subconscious reminded me.

But there could me. I fought back.

And, hell, it would be amazing if there was. I wouldn't have to live with the guilt anymore, I wouldn't have the constant reminder of what a piece of shit I was, I would feel like myself all the time because that's how I felt when I was with her.

But that would be selfish, you know you can't make this girl happy. My fucking subconscious meddled in again.

I knew I could never make her happy, I knew that I'd probably fuck up in the first week and I knew that if I did this relationship thingy with her, I'd be doing it for selfish reasons. She could, somehow, erase my past from my head, but that didn't mean I was any good for her.

Yea, I would protect her from any asshole that dared to come any close to her and I would please her in ways that she'd never thought it was possible, but sex isn't everything in a relationship, right? At least I didn't think it was and I didn't think that I could endure the fights and the 'opening up' parts of a relationship.

"Hey, Mel, uhm... I need to tell you something." I whispered, looking down at my feet. My eyes darted up when she let out a heavy sigh.

"I know. You will tell me that you don't want to see me again because you don't want to be in the middle of this mess and..." She started, but I just cut her off.