CHAPTER 1

It was the last day of the semester. Everybody was thrilled after the bell rang, dismissing everyone for the winter break.

Ana and I began walking down the campus towards the parking lot, talking and laughing when a tall, slim guy bumped into me, making me drop my books. He was pacing fast, his long curly hair was bumping on his shoulders.

I turned around to yell at him, but he was long gone. "At least apologise!" I whispered to myself, rubbing my sore arm and picking up my books from the ground.

"So what are we doing tonight?" Ana asked, without hiding her excitement for some random party I was sure she would drag us into. "I don't know, I don't really feel like going out, it's cold and I'd rather just stay at home and watch something on Netflix." I replied while she rolled her eyes.

"Come on, Mel! It's the our last day, we should celebrate! Next semester will be our last and we'll be too busy to go out. Please! For me!" She looked at me with those big puppy eyes, making it hard for me to say no, even though we both knew that she'd never be too busy to go out.

"Ugh, okay, okay. But if I get bored I'm jumping on a taxi and coming back home." Ana squeezed my hand and gave me the biggest and brightest smile and I couldn't help getting a little bit more excited for tonight.

The pub was full of people that I recognized from the halls of the university buildings. There was a band playing on the small stage. The place was too crowded and too loud for my taste, but Ana seemed to be enjoying herself, so I couldn't bring myself to be a party pooper. I decided to just sit by the bar and wait until she got tired or too drunk to go home.

The place was getting more and more crowded and my head began to pound with the tasteless music and loud students. I made my way through the drunk crowd and found Ana grinding on a stranger.

I told her that I was going home due to a strong headache, she pouted her lips and said bye, quickly dismissing me so she could back to her stranger. I went back and just grabbed my coat, going straight through the door.

The cold wind brushed my face and my headache got a little more tolerable as I left the loud place behind me, so I decided to walk a couple of blocks and just get a taxi if I got too tired of walking.

It was getting way too cold and I was too tired to be walking in the empty streets, so I decided to enter the next place that I could find and wait for a taxi inside.

The pub I got in was really different from the one that I was in before, smaller but cosier. I sat on a stool by the bar and ordered a glass of water. As I was waiting, I could feel someone watching me, whoever they were, they just wouldn't stop staring.

I grabbed the glass full of ice and water that the bartender was handed me, along with my coat and purse and within two seconds I was at the end of the bar standing next to the guy, who was still staring at me.

"Excuse me, but do you have a problem with me or something?" I asked squinting my eyes in doubt. "Erm... No, I was just thinking that I didn't get the chance to apologise earlier." his green eyes were burning holes through my bare shoulders as he spoke.

"What do you mean apologise? What for?" He took a sip from his glass. "Do you ever stop asking questions?" I was getting annoyed with his obnoxious tone and big eyes that didn't even blink.

"Are you going to answer me?" I purposely answered him with another question. "Okay, God, I wanted to apologise for bumping into you earlier." His eyes met mine as he waited for me to say something.