CHAPTER 30

"Yeah, uhm, that sounds about right." I told Ana, not really knowing how to begin the dreaded conversation that we were bound to have. It's been a while since we've last seen each other, but I knew we would have to talk about her 'weird' behaviour eventually.

"Listen, first of all, I'm really sorry for what I've said back at Liam's. I'm guessing Harry already told you what went down between us, right?" I nodded. "I was just... kind of shocked that he would chose you over me, I mean, don't take me wrong, but you're not his type at all, Harry has always been more into... forward girls." She started.

"So... you know him well?" I asked, genuinely curious. "Uhm, no, not at all, he's always been really private about himself when I tried to talk to him, it's just..." She exhaled and crossed her legs. "I'm really sorry, okay? I was jealous of you because I've tried so hard with him and with you, it was just... effortless." She sighed and looked at me. I opened my mouth to speak, but closed it soon after, not finding the right words.

"You know... that night you guys hooked up the first time and he left you notes and then came back in the morning to see you... he didn't recognise me when I opened the door, he even asked who I was, so I got really pissed and, well... you know the rest." She lowered her head, fumbling with her sleeves.

"I get it, I just wished I had known what happened between you two sooner." She nodded. "I know, I really am sorry, Mel." She said, sincerely. Now that I knew her motives and how she truly felt, it was easy to forgive her for all those mean things she said once she saw me in Harry's bed.

"There's one last thing I wanted to talk about..." I looked at her, trying to see if she was following my train of thought, she just nodded. "So... you and Jack are a thing now? What about Liam?" Her eyes widened a bit, probably not expecting me to bring Liam up.

"Uhm... well..." She laughed nervously, exhaling deeply. "Liam and I are not that serious, so I can hook up with whoever I want and he can do whatever he wants, too." She shrugged, totally dismissing the 'Jack' part.

"I beg to differ, Ana. That guy is head over heels for you, I don't think he has hooked up with anyone since you guys started seeing each other. You're literally all he talks about... it's kind of annoying even." She shifted in her seat, not really knowing how to respond to that. I couldn't let her think that Liam didn't care whether they were together or not, when he was actually always going after her.

"Ugh, I know, I'm just not ready for a real commitment. You know me, right? I don't want anything serious until we're like thirty." She rolled her eyes and slumped on the bed.

"I know how you feel, Ana, just don't lead him on like that, okay? He's actually a great guy." She raised her hands to her face, groaning into them. "Yeah, I know, he's too good for me." Ana rolled on her side to look at me. "There's no such thing, you deserve someone who's going to treat you right and not someone like... Jack."

"Yeah, uhm... are you mad about that?" She asked, trying to sound calm, but her face told me otherwise. She looked like she was about to have a heart attack. "I'm not going to lie, at first, I was really mad and upset. I felt like you were prying on my relationship with him so you could hook up with him once we were done."

Her face fell in shame. She knew how wrong she was by doing that behind my back. Deep down, both of us knew that she also did that out of revenge for me having hooked up with Harry, but decided it was better if we didn't mention it.

"But now, I honestly couldn't care less. I just hope he doesn't hurt you like he did to me." I shrugged, letting her know that I was serious when I told her that I didn't care. "Well... maybe I could hurt him to avenge you, huh?" She smirked and raised an eyebrow, slightly laughing to herself.