CHAPTER 7

MELISSA'S P.O.V.

"What am I doing here? What the fuck is this guy doing in your bed, Mel?" He pointed at Harry with a disgusted look on his face and waving his other hand in the air, while Harry looked at him with complete shock.

I couldn't believe this was actually happening. After all this time, all my attempts of getting over him or even trying to forget about him were a big fail. He was suddenly here, storming into my room, while I'm in bed with Harry, trying to move on and forget about the mess he turned my life into.

I couldn't help but feel angry. No, I was not angry. I was furious. I was fuming. He didn't have any sort of claim over me, he couldn't just keep coming back into my life, thinking that I'd keep forgiving him over and over again.

I did it in the first hundred times. Hell, there were times that I even apologized to him, even though I wasn't the one who should be apologizing. I would always let him in every time he came by my door asking for another chance.

I gave him thousands of chances, but he never made it right, he kept on using me and as soon as he found someone better, he would dump me. Sometimes he didn't even go to the trouble of breaking up with me, he'd just stop calling or showing up until, eventually, I'd run into him in a bar and see him all over some random girl.

That was it. This was enough.

I didn't know where all that courage came from, maybe it was because Harry was beside me and I didn't want him to think that he could treat me the same way Jack did, but enough was enough.

"Jack, get out of here and don't even think about coming back or trying to contact me again!" I snapped at him. I could feel the blood rushing through my head and I was pretty sure that I was looking a bit scary. Harry rubbed his hand in my bare back and it was rather comforting.

Jack stood there, looking at me confused, so I stood up from the bed, wrapping a sheet around my naked body and walking towards him. Every step I took I could feel the blood rushing faster through my veins, I was getting angrier and angrier by the second.

"Are you deaf or something? Get out!" Jack winced as I shouted the words. He kept staring at me, his blue eyes were getting black and I started to recognize that look on his face. He was angry, but not angrier than me and I wasn't going to lose that battle.

"You must be out of your mind if you think that I'll actually leave. Listen to me," he growled, pointing his finger at me. "No, you listen to me, you prick! I've had enough of your games, I've had enough of having my heart broken over and over! I don't want you to come here again, I don't want you to call me again and if you're smart enough you won't dare to even think about me again. I want you out of my life once and for all!"

I could feel my eyes trying to pop out of their sockets, my free hand by my side clenching in a fist and my breathing was fast. Jack took a step back and after a short moment, he took three small steps towards me. He laid his hands on my shoulders and looked at me with those big, puppy eyes that could melt you with just one look.

"Mel, babe, you know you don't mean this. Let's just talk this through over some coffee." His voice was low and his grip tightened on my shoulders. I tried to get away from his hands, but he was stronger and I couldn't move an inch.

"You know you still love me, babe, there's no need to fight this." He wasn't wrong, somehow I knew I still had feelings for him, not love. No, he proved a long time ago that he no longer deserved my love. The thing is, I got used to having him in my life, even breaking me apart every now and then, he would always come back and I would always take him back. He was my comfort zone.