CHAPTER 9

As I entered the small shack they called 'restaurant', my eyes immediately darted to the last booth at the corner beside the window, where Harry's friends were sitting, staring at me like I was a lost puppy as I walked towards the table, but I was determined to know why would Harry try to hide me from them.

The boys scooted closer to the window so I could sit at the end of the bench. The two girls were sitting in front of me, fiddling with their nails, as if they were bored. I heard the door close and quick boot steps approaching the table. Harry gained two eye rolls from the two girls as he pushed them to the side so he could sit in front of me. His gaze on me was so overwhelming that I couldn't even look back at him.

Nobody said a thing until a waitress with dark green hair and arms and neck full of tattoos approached the table and asked what our orders were. Everyone decided on beer and wings, except Harry and me, we just kept staring at each other. He suddenly snapped his head back and looked to the waitress, who was impatiently waiting for us to say what we wanted.

"We'll have two burgers, a water and a beer." She noted down the order and walked away. "I don't want water, I want a beer too." I snapped at him, which he only replied with an eye roll. Even though I didn't usually drink, I felt like I could really use some alcohol to go through the night.

"And who said the water was for you?" he rolled his eyes again at the same time as I did. I was intimidated by the whole situation and just wanted to go back home, but something kept telling me to stay and see how far this could go.

Although I knew we were not on a date – as he said so himself – I couldn't help but wonder why was he so bothered to introduce me to his friends. Was he that against commitment that he couldn't even bring someone new to his little 'group'?

"No drinks tonight, Harold?" Niall asked with an amused smile and Harry quit his 'staring at me' game, to look at him. "Erm, I'm driving, so no." He simply answered and Niall let out a loud chuckle, resting his arm on the back of my seat.

"That's never stopped you before, mate. One beer?" He looked at Harry, encouraging him. "Nah, mate, I'm fine." He then looked back at me as I smiled, proud of his choice, but soon that smile faded once he rolled his eyes and furrowed his brows, like he was annoyed that he couldn't drink.

"Okay, whatever, I don't even recognize you." Niall shrugged and rested his arm around my shoulders. "So, kitten... do I know you?" he asked me with shiny eyes and a grin on his face, his smirk seemed evil, far from those few ones I've seen in Harry's lips. The two girls sitting in front of me scoffed, crossing their arms across their chests in sync.

"Don't listen to him, sweetheart. He always wants what he can't get." The girl with bright red hair spoke and Niall tightened his grip around my shoulder, caressing it with the tip of his cold fingers, making me shiver. The girl reached her hand across the table.

"I'm Sam, by the way, and you are?" She shook my hand with a sympathetic smile. "I'm Melissa, but please call me Mel." She seemed... comprehensive, so I smiled politely at her.

"And who says I couldn't get her?" Niall asked Sam angrily, scooting closer to me and lowering his arm, so it was now snaked around my waist, dangerously close to my bum and making me extremely uncomfortable as I nervously shifted in my seat.

"I say, period." Harry snapped at Niall, giving him a death glare and he immediately let go of his grip around me, making Sam giggle and look at Niall with a 'I told you so' look on her face.

"Woah, somebody's awaken Harry's jealous side, this shall be fun." The blonde girl implied with a mischievous smile, twirling her hair extensions around her fingers, as she annoyingly chewed on a gum.