CHAPTER 40

MEL'S P.O.V.

(A/N: Listen to the song above while reading this chapter, you won't regret it)

"I'm so sorry, baby." Harry whispered in my ear, while he buried his head on the crook of my neck. His breath hitched in his throat and I felt a warm wetness over the side of my neck.

"Hey, shh, I'm fine, Harry." I pinched his chin between my thumb and forefinger, pulling his beautiful face in front of mine. Tears stained his cheeks, his eyes were red and puffy, dark circles surrounded them, indicating he had no sleep whatsoever since I came here, which was...

"How long have I been here?" I looked away trying to do the math, but I had no idea how long I've had been asleep for.

"Only a couple of days, but you were in a coma, Mel, the doctors didn't know if you would make it and I was so worried..." His voice cracked again, his eyes became glossy and I hurt seeing him suffering... because of me.

"Oh wow, I had no idea... I just figured I was in need of a good night of sleep." I joked, trying to lighten up the mood, but Harry just scowled at me, pinching his eyebrows together and shaking his head.

"Do you even understand how fucking worried I've been?" He got up from my bed, where he was sitting, and paced back and forth in the small room, making me dizzy just by looking at him.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry, it's just... I don't know, I'm just glad you're here, 'cause I have no idea what's going on and how I ended up here." I shrugged, playing with my fingers on my lap and he stopped on his tracks, turning around to face me.

In a couple of seconds he sat back on the edge of my bed, grabbing my hands in his, connecting his gaze with mine, his green, emerald eyes searing into mine. "You really don't know how you got here?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"Well you went to see your mom and then..." I interrupted him, nodding my head vigorously. "Yeah, I remember that and then I went to..." I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to remember where I went after talking to my mom, the only place that I could have gone after our fight was...

"To Luke's" Harry answered for me. "Mmhm, Luke and I talked, yeah, I remember that talk too, but the rest is just a big, messy blur." I said, deciding on not telling Harry what Luke and I talked about, or how he confessed his love for me.

"Well, you got into a crash, I was with you when it happened, do you remember that?" Harry asked and I looked at him in confusion. "Huh? What do you mean you were with me?" My brows furrowed even further and he chuckled.

"Not actually with you, I mean, you were talking to me on the phone when it all happened." He explained. "Oh..." I nodded, remembering how I was about to tell him that I loved him when a pair of bright lights blinded me.

Maybe the whole accident thing was a sign; a sign that I shouldn't be telling him how I felt, that was the only explanation that came to me once I really thought about it.

"You were in the middle of telling me something important." Harry looked at me expectantly, he knew it, I was sure he knew what I was about to tell him, but I couldn't just blurt my feelings out after just waking up from a coma.

"Oh... Uhm, yeah, I don't really remember what I was going to tell you." I lied, mindlessly shrugging my shoulders and looking away from his gaze, not before seeing his face falling in disappointment.

I didn't know what I was doing, but I just had something in the pit of my stomach telling me to wait and tell him in my own time, the perfect time, after I'm all recovered and well again.