CHAPTER 24

"Harry, you can't say anything! Promise me you won't!"

"Why not, Melissa? Do you have any idea of what he's done to you? How come you want to keep quiet about this? This is a fucking crime! He deserves to be in jail right now!" He argued.

I've been trying to convince Harry for 2 hours not to say anything about what Niall had done, but he wasn't having any of it. "Please, Harry, they could close the coffee shop and I could lose my job, you know I need the money, I've got bills to pay and the rent and everything else, please!" I cried.

"I don't give a fuck about any of this, just move out and come live with me, you won't need to pay for rent and I'll pay for everything, you're already spending more time here than in your own apartment. I don't want you working there for a second more!" He yelled, trying to convince me.

Harry did well for himself working for the town paper as a junior editor. He was really good at what he did, but he considered himself more like the senior editor's secretary than an actual editor, even though he clearly worked a lot harder than any other employee of the paper.

"You know it's not only rent I'm worry about, I need to pay for the rest of my med school and I can't just come live with you and make you pay for everything." I sighed, plopping down on his bed.

After calming him down from his own break down, I made sure to make him understand that nothing that had happened was his fault, he had nothing to do with the fact that his 'friend' was a psychopath, who decided to rape his girlfriend.

Harry nodded after everything that I said and brushed it off, but I was sure that deep down he was still blaming himself and that's why he was saying that I should move in with him.

"Mel, please, you can't expect me to just sit here and see you go to work every day where that fucking bastard will be waiting for you, at least let me talk to Luke so he can fire his ass." He pinched the bridge of his nose, sitting down next to me.

"No, I can't let you do that, Luke will probably freak out too and if they close the coffee shop he'll be so mad." I laid down on my back, staring at the ceiling.

"Well, you know what? They should close that fucking shop, if this Luke guy hadn't have hired Niall in the first place, none of this would have ever happened." Harry threw his hands in the air and laid down next to me.

"I know, I just-I, I know I shouldn't be blaming Luke about this and it's not actually his fault, but I told him about Niall, I asked him to fire him and he didn't listen to me and now... Now everything's a huge mess." I sighed and closed my eyes, moving closer to Harry, as he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me to his chest.

"I know, babe, I know, I'm so sorry this happened, you don't deserve this and I'm so so sorry." He kissed my forehead and held me tighter.

"Don't blame yourself for this, Harry, you know it's no one's fault except Niall's, just please let it be, I don't want to give this anymore attention than we already have."

"Ugh... fine, but I'm having a talk with Luke, maybe throwing just a punch or two for not having listened to you." He chuckled.

"Harry!" I slapped his chest with the back of my hand. "Let's just forget about this, okay? I can't stand crying anymore."

"Okay, babe, let me make you forget everything." He kissed my forehead, then my nose and lastly my lips.

His tongue soon found my bottom lip, asking for entrance, which I gave it to him. My hands went up his chest and to the back of his neck, grabbing a few curls that rested there and twirling them around my fingers.