Chapter 4 Sensei Found Him and Warned Him of a Darker Side

The next three days went by in a flash, but when the fourth day came, we knew exactly what do. We climbed down the cliff carefully and made it to the cave.

"Hmff. Looks cozy if you get rid of the rocks and the cold hard floor." I said sarcastically. "Huh, who's the Mouth of Lightning now?" Jay asked with a smirk. "Still you, nothing's changed"." I said.

We settled in to our rocky abode until that afternoon, we heard something. "Hey guys, did you hear that?" I asked. "Yeah, I heard something too." Cole said.

"It kind of sounded like someone or something got hit with the giant punching bag, was flung on the wall, and then fell on its face." Jay said.

"Yes, the sounds are quite odd." Zane added. "Well, whatever Sensei's doing right now, it had better involve us getting out of this cave." I said. "Dido." Jay responded.

About two weeks later, Sensei climbed down with us. He gave us a digital clock.

"At eight o'clock, go to the room in the monastery that noise is coming from. Do not use the front door, go into the roof boards. A ninja always travels in shadows. You will use all of the training you have received from me. Use it well. You will also need these."

Sensei then gave us all ninja suits. "Put these on before you come back." He also gave us weapons. "You can discuss among yourselves who gets what. And with that, Sensei was gone.

"Okay, then." We all said at once. We looked at each other and burst out laughing. It was actually fun to have such... interesting teammates.

It seemed like forever until eight o'clock, but when the time did come, we got dressed in our uniforms and climbed out of our small cave.

"Remember, travel in shadows." Cole said "Through the roof!" We crawled through the roof until we saw a kid, about my age, brushing his teeth.  "On three, we go" Cole commanded. We all nodded

"One, two, and three!" Just as Cole said three, the kid shouted, "Oh yeah, well take this! He stabbed the air with his toothbrush when Jay jumped. "And this!" when Zane jumped. "And THIS!!" when Cole and I jumped onto the floor. "Oops..." he said, regretfully.

We unleashed our weapons when Cole gave us the nod. Cole himself got a scythe and I thought he looked like the Grim Reaper. Jay had nunchucks, and Zane had shurikens.

I got a glaive, an amazing double-bladed weapon and, personally, I think it's the best. Cole and I made him start to back up. I could quite put my finger on it, but guy looked familiar.

But then, he stuck his electric toothbrush into Zane's mouth. He spit it back at the kid, but he ducked and it slapped Jay in the face.

The toothbrush flew through the air. I saw it and dodged it, but, instead, it flew down the back of Cole's gi. His eyebrows shot up and he started to vibrate. I yanked the toothbrush from his shirt.

"He's going to the roof, let's get him!" I whisper-shouted. We all climbed back into the roof. When I poked my head through the boards, Zane almost hit the kid with a flying side-kick.

Unfortunately, he missed by an inch and fell back down to the bathroom. The kid laughed, until Jay kicked him in the jaw. "Home run!" Jay said.

The kid broke through the roof tiles back first and flew through the air. We jumped back down from the roof and exited through the front entrance just in time to see him press a red button.

The training course started up. Jay got hit by the dummy; Cole got hit by the giant punching bag. The kid was riding it.

I got hit in the danger zone by the wooden plank, and Zane got hit with the spiked battering ram. We lost our weapons. It was now four unarmed ninjas versus one fuming teenager.