Chapter 55. Xavier*

Chapter 55. Timshel by Mumford & Sons

Evan could not believe how Emil could rock her world so easily. Trying to get control of her laughter, she disentangled her legs from around Emil's shoulders. Emil's deep laughter rumbled against her stomach for a few more moments, then he sat back on his heels and drank her in with his obsidian eyes. Evan slipped her legs from around him and stood up. Emil clung to her as she moved away trailing kisses along her hip and backside, groaning in protest.

"You'd better clean up that mess before the crew gets back," Evan said with a smirk, pulling up her yoga pants and reaching for Emil's dress shirt that had been pushed off. She could hardly take her eyes from the man she loved.

Evan was halfway to the bathroom to clean up when Emil caught her up in his arms and lifted her. He'd already straightened the couch, and wanted nothing more than to keep the sultry look in Evan's eyes.

"Shall we continue this in the shower or the tub?" Emil murmured into Evan's ear as he kissed her neck.

"I'm not sure that I'll be able to take more," Evan replied with a small laugh.

Emil groaned. "We'll just have to see, won't we?"

"Really, Emil, I don't know if I'll be able to do more," Evan said seriously, as he set her on her feet in front of the shower. "I feel like there is too much in me already. Like the baby is taking up too much room. I didn't notice it until...well, until you know...your fingers."

Emil hated the uncomfortable way Evan told him her feelings. Her eyes were filled with fear and embarrassment that did not need to be there. "Evan, sweetheart, if all you can do is hold my hand, that will be enough for me. There will be plenty of time later."

Evan doubted he was being honest with her. His passion had risen since her transformation and she loved the way he had abandoned his reservations with her now. She was terrified that he would be upset with her, though she had nothing to base the fear on. He had been more than attentive to her needs the whole time she'd known him.

"Are you sure? You won't be mad, or frustrated, or whatever?" she asked uncertainly.

"I've made it this long," he said with a longsuffering voice. "It might not be as easy to resist now that I've had a taste, but I can do it. I'm not an animal."

"I'm sorry, Emil," Evan said, slumping in defeat.

Emil pulled her into a tight embrace. "Don't ever apologize. You are all I need. But why don't you just wash up in the shower, quick on your own. I'll use the sink and find us some clothes. I may be okay with this, but I'm not a masochist."

Relieved, Evan stepped into the deep shower and shed her clothes out of Emil's sight. She threw them into the bathroom, and giggled a bit at Emil's tortured groan.

Soon the two were dressed and staring at each other over the freshly made bed. Emil had done that while Evan finished her shower.

"Well, what shall we do while we wait for the others to get back?" Evan asked.

"I want to catch you up on the vampires we have living with us. At least what I know. It will give you an appreciation for who you are living with, I hope," Emil said. He walked to the door and waited for Evan to follow. He took her up to the rooftop garden and wrapped his arms around her from behind.

"Whom shall we start with?" Emil thought aloud. "I will let Jean tell you his story. I don't know Hannah's, you know as much about Nathan as I, if not more. Let me tell you what I know about the Guardians, I guess."

"Tell me about Xavier first. I'm going to be stuck here with him, and I want to know what you know, in case the others get back before you can tell me everything," Evan directed.