37. Wrong timing

CHAPTER 37 - Wrong timing

Come on Jade, take it out of your head. You can do it.

I can't!

Ryan's words were still roaming in my head. Can't help it. He looked so fragile at the particular moment. He has suffered a lot. Seeing someone die at such a tender age must be hard, really hard.

Thank God that I haven't experience it. But I feel bad for Ryan. He don't deserve this pain.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket when I took an exit from my bedroom. Yeah, I am home today. Thanks to Christmas holidays!

I pulled it out and came to a new WhatsApp notification. I pressed the show button and saw a message from Zac. It said..

If it was your birthday, what gift would you want?

Dumb way to ask someone what they want for their birthday Zac because my birthday's on 31st december. Oh yeah! Happy! I am turning seventeen!

Zac has been coming to my birthday parties since eighth grade, that means since we met. We're those kind of friends who don't really communicate with each other but when it's some's birthday, festival or some special occasion, we never forget to wish and congratulate each other. I know, we're a pair of weird friends! 

And yeah, he's the same guy who I tried to pair up Sage with and he immediately said no and tried to hit on me. We talk in an abnormal way. Like I call him weird names and he still hit on me or irritate me even more. We can be rude to each other as well.

I pushed the reply button and typed..

Definitely not you!

I smiled and placed it again in my back pocket and begin my walk to the kitchen when I saw Sage coming being all happy mood and smiled at me. I glared awkwardly at her for a few seconds as she passed me. 

No longer the 'cranky girl on her periods' mood Freak? Wow, love really changes you. And that too drastically!

I begin walking again when Sage voice called me,"Hey Bozohead."

"Mm."

"Guess what? I told dad about me and Aiden." she chirped.

I stared her for a good minute then gasped,"You did? What did dad say?"

"Nothing much. He was really shocked when I told him. You should've seen his face." she exclaimed, chuckling.

I chuckled as well and spoke,"So, he wasn't angry or something?"

She shoke her head,"He was so shocked that his Sage's dating that he didn't say anything, at all. It was hilarious. But yes, he told me to bring him home to introduce him to dad."

Her face filled with nervousness and due to that, she begin to sweat a little. I smiled at her cute behavior and placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry buddy. It'll be alright. We both know Aiden's a great guy. Nothing will go wrong." I convinced.