12. The marvelous life of Regina George

CHAPTER 12 :  The Marvelous Life of Regina George

Halloween was a very strange holiday, to be honest. We tried to look our best in the clothes of something as evil as Satan.

Well, it was the talk and topic of the past, when people dressed up as actual evil personalities. Nowadays, we flaunted costumes of kittens, famous celebrities and our favorite television or movie characters.

Aren't we supposed to dress up as something bloodcurdling? 

Since when kitties became a spooky creature? 

Oh, look at those innocent eyes, those pink claws and soft, furry monster! So spine chilling!

Anyways, since it was a long lived tradition, we had to do our best at it. And to do so, Jess, Blair and I were trying to find the perfect costumes for each other. 

Actually, just mine as the two had already picked their own costumes. I thought I had enough time to grab a dress; and now it was the day of the party and I still didn't have a dress.

Well, we can just say I'm not that good at management. 

"How about a witch?" Blair asked.

"Come on, Blair. That is one of the most wore costumes in the history of Halloween," I replied.

I was really confused about my costume. Of course, we were old for them, but it was a high school party and everyone had to dress up.  

I've seen many shoppers who didn't even take ten minutes to pick a dress. How were they so good at that? 

I spend an hour to shop for a pair of socks, for God's sake.

"How about a vampire?" she spoke. And there she goes again.

"Too overused."

"Vampire bride?"

"That is again a type of vampire, so, no."

"A pumpkin?"

"I'm not dressing up as a food or Ryan will tease me again over it."

"God, you are too picky." Blair exclaimed.

"Oh, so I am the picky one here? You took four hours to choice yours, and you ended up picking Regina George. I mean, really, Blair, Regina George?" I shouted. 

The shopkeeper was frustrated as well when we went to shop for her. And at the end when she picked Regina as her 'ideal model', the seller started murmuring about us.

"How about I be something from Supernatural?" I asked enthusiastically. 

I loved Supernatural and that was the reason I picked an Imphala over any modern vehicles, because that beauty couldn't be found anywhere else. I also wished to have a brother like Dean, but Sage was kind of the same thing to me, so that was alright.

She was such as tough, protective and sarcastic. I had my own Dean in the form of my lovely sister.

"That sounds interesting. What will you be?" Jess asked. At least I had someone who, for once, tried to listen to my opinion over my own costume.

"Mmm, how about Dean?" I suggested while jumping a little from the ground.

"But he is a guy, you are a girl. It would be so weird, Jade," Blair complained, rolling her eyes in the process.