1. Unfair

Hey guys!
It's my very first story here and I'm very excited to write as it's a very new experience for me! 
I hope you will like it! Thanks a lot for the reading! :)

CHAPTER 1 - Unfair

I hated this class. How could someone love it? I hated math. It’s just so stupid. What would I get by learning how to work letters with numbers? Waste of time!

Our math teacher, Mr. Maguire, had eyes in the back of his head. He could be drawing a graph on the board with his back to the room and still know who was paying attention and who had got one eye on the clock, or the school buses lining up outside the doors.

How could he do so?

I had no idea. It must be some trick teachers practice at home.

Only God knew how I entered the AP Math class. I mean, I did practice a lot to enter, but I absolutely detested that subject - from the very bottom of my heart. My teachers believed that I should be given a chance to prove it. The hell with proving. I had to work so hard to keep up with it. The only reason why I didn’t want to leave this class is because it would look good on my college resume.

Things you have to do to get a decent job!

I was floating in my wonderland, ranting in my head about my distaste towards Math, when I heard Mr. Maguire calling my name.

Shit, what did he ask me?

I didn’t have a clue as what kind of question he had ask me. So, I hesitated, torn between telling the truth and making a wild guess. When the sound of the bell signalling the end of morning classes filled the air with the sound of freedom, I cheered mentally.

The phrase ‘Saved by the bell’ was the correct one to describe my situation. However, I had to be aware that he would ask me the same question in the next class. Ugh, so I had to find someone who could tell me. Perfect.

All around me, everyone jumped to their feet, chairs scraped through the floor, books slammed shut, and they happily shuffled out this hellhole of a class.

Maybe it wasn’t just me how disliked mathematics. That was a nice fact to know.

I walked through the door and into the corridor to get to the cafeteria. There was a thing that you could hardly find in the corridors during lunch time, and that precious thing was silence.
Due to the less population of the town, the admission rate of the school was pretty low as the same students were studying here since they were toddlers. And because of that, you knew most of the people of the school. 

I walked to my locker when I saw Nancy and a guy talking to each other, both blushing like tomatoes.
I groaned internally and roughly opened my locker. Now she has a boyfriend as well? I thought to myself.
I would be left alone forever, everyone around me would make many love interests and I would be the only one left just because of my dad.

Are you listening to me dad, it would all happen because of you!
 I should have never watched 10 things I hate about you with him. It was my entire fault then.

“What happened Jade?” Nancy said softly, getting away from her boyfriend.
“Nothing, I’m all good.” I said smiling at the pretty girl in front of me.
She passed a sad smile in my direction. Placing her hands on my shoulders, she spoke, “You’ll find someone special soon as well, don’t worry.”

My mouth was opened so big that an elephant could pass through it. Now Nancy was giving me sympathy because I didn’t have a boyfriend? Wow, my days were really very bad as the girl who became famous because she peed in her pants in fifth grade was telling me that I would find someone.