8. My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine

This chapter is dedicated to @INNOCENT9146 for their seven wonderful cover for this story! Thank you so much! :)  Banner on the side ---->
Hope you'll like it!

CHAPTER 8 : My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine.

 'Don't judge a book by its cover'.
People tend to think that if a person stayed smiling and never showed his weakness, it was because they didn't even had any. They assume that the person's life is fulfilled with joy and hearty atmosphere.

But everything's not what it seems to be.

My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine because sometimes, there was raining and filled with darkness.

I had to struggle everyday through my condition. Just because I didn't let it show on my face, didn't meant I hasn't going through anything. 
A few passed weeks went without any trouble but the world keeps changing; and my health was no exception.

I woke up that day with tightness in my chest. It pained badly. I wanted to get up from my bed but I just couldn't. The pain took over my will power.

I heard someone's footsteps coming toward my room but I couldn't get up. That was why I never locked my bedroom door when I got to sleep. Only God knew when my asthma would trigger and I would be left out with a shortage of air.

The door opened slowly, revealing my dad in his formal wear. He tensed up when he saw me puffing heavily.
"Are you alright, Jade?" he asked. He was now sitting next to me while I was lying on the bed, with my hand on my chest, trying to control the heavy breathing.
"Yeah, Dad, I will be." I answered while trying to get up from the bed, Dad gestured me to lay down and rest.
"Let me get your pills." He got up and went to the drawer where I kept all my medicines. He came back with a few tablets and gave me a glass of water. I took them one by one and drank the rest of the water.
"Don't go to school today. Stay home and rest. And you can call your friends when school's over. Want me to tell Sage to stay as well?" He asked.
"No, Dad. I'll be fine. It's not a new thing, right? I know how to control it." I confirmed. It was been a long time. I was able to deal with it by myself.
"Okay, if you say so. But Marie is always here. Call her when you need something. Try your best not to get up from your bed, okay?" He grabbed his coat, waiting for my reply.

"Yes, Dad. Now, go. Your people are waiting for you to come and guide them in making and stitching clothes." I joked.
"I don't make clothes, princess, I sell them" He chuckled. I motioned my hand like I was erasing the air in front of me and stated,"Same thing, dad, same thing."

He kissed my forehead and went outside. He couldn't always stay here to take care of me. He had other duties to perform as well.

As he went, I crawled into my bed comfortably. I was a little better after taking the medicines when a small smile crept over my lips. How many parents order their children not to go to school? Well, mine just did.

But anyhow, I didn't maintain a very regular attendance at school anyways. Asthma had changed my life a lot. It may seem like a simple disease where a person's unable to breath sometimes, but it was so much more than that.

I have had it since I was six. I still remembered how it had been diagnosed.

One day, I was playing in the garden happily when I suddenly passed out. I woke up in the hospital. I saw my dad worried, talking to the doctor. My mother was there as well, she looked so disturbed, I still remember her tensed up face. And the same was with Sage, she kept sitting right next to be and rubbed my arm like she was trying to take the pain away with her touch and sweet smiles. It actually worked at that time though.