5. Let's seal the deal

This chapter is dedicated to Anne for being such a dedicated reader and for her lovely comments and votes as well! :)

 Chapter 5 - Let's seal the deal

"You mean to say that the only guy left in the list is Ryan Matthews?" Blair exclaimed. It was about the seventh time I had told her that, and she was still acting so shocked. What was so surprising about it anyway? We practically had talked to everybody else. Surely Ryan Matthews was a guy who wasn’t hard to miss?

"For the love of God, Blair. Yes, Ryan Matthews! What is so shocking about that?" I asked with utter exasperation and confusion.
"Because he is so damn hot." Blair replied matter-of-factly.
"You have a boyfriend, Blair." Jess informed her, and Jess was right. She shouldn't be daydreaming about any other guy. Just Derek.
"Now, what to do?” I tapped my forefinger on my chin, thinking. “I'll go to him and talk. It won't be that tough."
"I don't think so. Just face it, Jady. Ryan has never been seen with a girl and you are saying you would ask him about dating someone directly?  God, whenever I look at him, my whole body just shivers. He is so hot and handsome." Blair breathed.
I groaned. Poor Derek. He has to handle a girl like Blair.

"And again I say, you have a boyfriend, Blair." Jess exclaimed. I giggled at her non-involvement with the topic. She wanted to help me, but when it came to Blair's daydreaming about guys, she simply chose to stay away.

They both gave each other death glares, clearly annoyed by the other. It was like they were going to eat each other up.

"Stop passing eye-daggers, weirdos. I have decided. I'll go to him and talk about it tomorrow at school." I announced.  As I said it, Blair's face filled with annoyance, strongly believing her 'Dating Theory' that said he won't go out with Sage because everyone in school was out of his league. But, at least I could try, right? What was there to lose?
"Terrific. You'll do it, Jade. Don't listen to her. You can at least try." Before Blair could even start to protest, Jess interrupted her and jumped from my bed.

Blair stood from the bed as well reluctantly. "Okay. You can try, but remember my words, he'll never agree. Or maybe, he'll ask you out instead?" There was a different enthusiasm in her voice, like she was trying to be some kind of match maker.
"No, Blair. He won't. Like you said, he isn’t into dating and even if he does, he would want someone with a little experience in dating, not someone like me.” I stated and the continued gagging, “And he’s annoying as a stone in your shoe. He should get a Nobel prize for his aggravating behaviour," I explained. How can she even think that? Hello, we were here to find someone for Sage, not me.
Blair pouted. "Aw, I’m sure he can't be that bad." Kudos to her, my irritation was directed to her. Give her the Nobel Prize instead, people.
"Come on, Blair. We have to go.  Bye, Jady. See you tomorrow." Jess said, noticing that I was being deeply irritated by our Blondie Barbie.

As Jess and Blair left, I went to shower and got to bed.

Just when I was about to go to dreamland, I heard a knock on my door. Who could it be? Dad wouldn't be home so soon and my friends just left so they couldn't be here again. That left us with just one person; Sage.

I got up and went to open the door.

"Hello, sister. What are you doing here on this charming, sunny morning?" I joked while it was actually eleven at night.
"Please, I am not here for to listen to your stupid jokes. George came to me in the last period and told me that you were talking to him, something about talking to me. He wasn't sure so he didn't tell me. Care to explain what that was about?"