Rays of Rage

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

"Not all evil is always bad."

I arrive at the Hardson Hospital in 15 minutes. The driver didn't try to make a conversation again so I anticipated to enjoy this little quiet moment to myself. I thought about my mum, would they let me see her body? I still haven't said goodbye to her.

Neither I could find the answer to the question that I was dreading for two days now. Why was I so damn fascinated by this new guy in my life.

Actually, I had to spin my head around the fact that me would be the last person Alec would notice. It was clear that he only kept me at his mansion for his own selfish reasons.

Yes, I like the way he looks with those dark shimmery eyes that were always angry and displeased but that was nothing to his arrogant personality.

Something completely foreign made me form this unclear connection with him. Maybe I haven't ever met such a cold being before, maybe the change of challenge or latest events made me want to step out of my comfort zone that was buried deep down underground.

Paying the driver I walk into the office.

"Hi. I'm here to see Rachel Summer." I whisper to the office lady who tapped away on the keyboard without looking up at the visitor.

"Let me see. Rachel...Rachel. Um. It says she was taken to the morgue." She adjusts her little glasses on the bridge of her nose as if the conversation was butterflies and fairies.

"But she only passed away yesterday." My breath hitches and I gasp in chunks. I wouldn't be able to see her anymore.

"I believe we send people to morgue in the duration of 12 hours." She speaks apologetically and I restrain my tears from spilling. Some visitors on the plastic blue chairs pass me a curious glance while others never look up from their phone screens.

"Oh." I whisper and I think the sorrow is clearly visible on my face because she adds.

"It says someone named John Summer has requested a funeral service if that helps." She glances at me with utmost sympathy.

"Okay thank you." I mutter out and leave the hospital with shuddering hands.

Getting out my cheap smartphone I call just the person the office lady mentioned.

John Summer.

"Alexia?" I recognise my father's devastated voice. It is weak of emotions and I cannot help but feel my heart throb.

"Hey dad." I whisper. My eyes on reflex well up with tears.

"Have you heard the news?" He asks with a slurred voice. Did he have something to drink?

"Yes. She was a...." I cannot even finish the sentence, it doesn't feel real that she is actually gone. Lonely tears mask my pale face.

"It was all your fault she died, you little b****!" My father yells into the phone. A loud gasp of shock escapes my mouth and I stop in my tracks.

He sounds drunk but it did not add up. My dad never drank.

"Are you drunk?" I ask through my tears. Alcohol and him were enemies a way back before he met mum. It appeared as if the old habits never die just like they say.

"Where were you yesterday you little w****?!" He shouts into the phone completely vanishing my implies.

"I was-i got into a car accident." I shudder out, wiping at my eyes with the corner of the brown sleeve.