Chapter 23 Problems

*Rae*

My heart was beating a mile a minute because I waited so long.He just stood there not saying a word.I walked up behind him and debated if I should touch him or not.

Aug:Why you didn't say anything?huh?

I just shook my head silently.

Aug;Im waiting!! Oh so you can't hear now?Now you going deaf on me?!!

That last part striked a nerve because I am deaf,born deaf and lived as deaf.Don't put that shit up in my face.

I turned around and locked myself in the bathroom.My cries couldn't stop,why would he say that,he knew that was a touchy subject for me.

I heard the door slam indicating he left.I sat on the tub and prayed.

Dear god,please guide my fiancée August and his safety.He shouldn't be thinking with his gun but more of his heart.I pray for him to come home with the right choice.Amen.

I walked to my vanity mirror and stared at my battered face.

Me:Why im I so weak and broken?why can't I be beautiful??

I decided to take a shower and wait for him.

*Aug*

No matter how mad im at Rae,I still needa protect what's mine.I started adding up all the bad shit that came outta Dontes mouth,to me if you called urself a real nigga then you should of told me from the jump.I can see from Raes pov but still it hurt to see her face.I tucked my glock under my waistband and slammed the door of our house.

As I was speeding towards this bitch niggas house,I could only think of the New August and the Old August.A glock doesn't make up a man,but yo hands do.I just tucked my gun under the seat and pay this nigga a visit.

I sat outside his apartment for bout 15 minutes deciding what I should do. I could either spend 5 years in county or be 6 ft under cuz I know Donte was a gangbanger.Im just gone go home,he will get his doe.

I drove home and sat in my car for a few minutes.I said the "oh so you deaf now" remark.I know I fucked up bad.I got out and went inside.

*Rae*

I laid on the bed in the dark.I should just leave all this behind.Love is so complicated for me.As I was deep in my thoughts I heard the door knob turn.I quickly turned away and stared outside our balcony window.

August: Babe im sorry for what I said to you.I didn't meant to say that,I was in my feelings and was pissed off.If you don't wanna talk the I unders-

Rae: Why did you say it in the first place?huh?It hurt so bad!!I took the speech therapy and got a hearing aid just so I can be with you!Nobody knows what I go through.

August stood there and gazed at me.I shook my head and turned back around.

Me: Oh so you can't speak now?