Chapter 10 <New Thangz>

*August*

Man I opened the door and was greeted by the receptionist.I smiled.

Receptionist: Hello sir..how may I help you?

Me: Um yea I wanna sign up for sign language classes.Im sorry I don't kno how to go about this.

I felt like a lost puppy damn.

Receptionist: Sure well its a 2 week class..Tuesday/Thursday/or friday around 1p.m...no cost and your goin to really like.People come in knowing none of this and you will walk outta here with fluent sign language.Sometime people walk outta her by the 3rd visit.

Me: Aiight well how long do I stay?

she said about an hour or two it depends if your willing to stay.

I nodded and signed up.I then gave her my info and she began typing away.I looked at my phone for the time and it read 12:37.

I was interrupted by the receptionist.

Her: If you want you can go into the room down the hall and meet the teacher...he has a class today.

Me: I cud check it out I have time.

I smiled and walked into the room.

IT was homey like there were long tables and I saw some snacks yo!

I was gonna cop me some chips but I saw the teacher come out...it was a dude.

Teacher: Hello my name is Donte .Your really early.

Me: Yea I just signed up today...you seem very young ma dude.

Donte: Yea I get that alot..this is how I stay outta trouble anyways.

I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows

Donte: This is how I do my community service.haha

Me: Ah I see...well you ain't the only one who did community service.

He nodded and we talked about things...he was a cool dude.

I learned he's 20..from Compton but moved here 2months ago...He was in the pen for robbery but he tryna change his life...He enjoys making beats for music.He learned sign language cuz his grandfather and ex girlfriend was deaf.so he came a long way.

Me: My girl is actually from Compton too.

Donte: Oh word?

Me: Yea she is actually deaf...so its difficult to communicate wit her.

He nodded and was gonna speak till 6 people came in.I guess it was time.

I sat in the front...im tryna learn this quik before 2mor.

*2hours later*

Man I was the only person who stayed for a long ass time...I learned the basics and the alphabet...I guess you can ya boi latched on quick.

Be ready imma throw up tha set!!just kidding.

Donte signed language: "you like the class?"

I replied back with a "Yup I love twisting up my fingaz "

We both burst out laughing.they way I twist and sign was actually cool

donte: I think you good...man yo girl is gone love you haha goin out and learning something for her.

Me: That's right nigga...aye you pretty chill..we should link up and kick it.

With that we exchanged numbers and dapped each other..and I made my way home.

I texted Rae to confirm we still on for 2mor and she was wit it...just wait till tomorrow.She gone be surprised.With what I learned and the ring.

(Authors note)

What y'all think bout Donte?

hmmm let me kno in tha comments.

Vote too my nuggets ;)