Chapter 22 No biggie

~Next morning~

*Rae*

I slept with my face down the whole night because there was a light blue bruise on my face.Im laying here counting down the minutes till Aug wakes up.I took a deep breath and got up.August had his hand in his basketball shorts and his arm above his face (sidenote:why do guys do that?like fareal??lmao)

I walked into our bathroom and sat infront of the mirror.I silently cried cuz im confused rite now.Is everything that Donte said was true,like he is tryna make sumthing better for himself.Does he really love me?But wat he did last nite was uncalled for.I had just touched my cheek to wipe off my tears till....

August: Who fucking touched you??

Me:Babe I was modeling some of the clothes and I fell,like they got me wearing tall ass heels.Its no biggie Aug.

I got up off the counter and left August there.I walked into our closet till I heard footsteps towards me.

Aug: Is there something you ain't telling me?Remember I told you to always keep it real with me.

I saw his angry face and the way he crossed his arms. I took it my all not to say anything.

Me: Okay,when I tell you this please don't get mad.You remember my ex?

He nodded and his jaw clenched

Aug; Wasn't he in jail?How did he find you?

Me: Well I don't know,he just ran up on me when I was walking up to my car and he grabbed me and slapped my face.

August fist tightened cuz I know he will do the impossible.He marched on his side of the closet and put on some j's

Aug;What does this nigga looks like?Does this nigga know im a real 1??

I shook my head cuz Aug can get dangerous.

Aug: Well he gone learn today.

He went to the bathroom which I think he was brushing his teeth.He went back into the closet and grabbed an old beatup Nike box.

Me: What are you doing August?Please tell me you-

August: Imma handle this nigga!!what's his name?Do you know what he was driving?tell me now!!

As he was yelling,I tried not to cry.I wanna tell him so bad but his career and his dreams will be take away from him if he carrying his glock.

August grabbed a clean white shirt and put it on.He stood infront me waiting to answer.

I just shook my head side to side.

August: TELL ME NOW RAE SO HELP ME GOD!!

I fell silent,and turned away from him.

August: Fuck it imma go to where you work and see if they can tell me who did it.

He walked out by the door till I spoke.

Me: Donte

He stood in his tracks and turned around slightly.