Chapter 21 Trippin

*Rae*

I started slowing my pace,deciding if i shud run back inside the building or face my enemy.I took a long deep breath and decided to end this so called stalker I have.

Me; What are you doin here?Imma say this and will..(cut off oh hell naw)

Donte: I saw yo nigga today at the studio,he sure knows how to make another nigga jealous.

Me: Like I said I have NOTHING I mean nothing to do with you.You caused me to lose my mind when I found out you had a side bitch when you went to juvie.I was the one to hold you down!!You never wanna leave the streets and you beat me too.Look at this! (pointed to my wrist)August thought he did this.I wish you could leave the face of tha earth.

Donte:How many times do I gotta tell you!Im sorry....

im really sorry I put you through that!I was weak aight.Gang banging and everything im sorry!I told you im done wit the streets,don't you see im tryna make moves here in Atlanta?Im really trying.You just acting brand new.What's wrong wit you.

I got so fed up and decided to get in his face Compton style.

Me: Im acting brand new?Im improving my life!I always wanted to be able to talk, i always wanna hear things....why can't you see that.im finally happy but you keep messing it up for me.

After I said that SLAP!!!

I got knocked down infront of him,I touched my stinging cheek and try not to cry

I don't want him to know that im weak.

Donte:YOU ARE ARE SO SELFISH!IM TRYING TO PROVE MY LOVE TO YOU CUZ I STILL IN LOVE WIT YA.I EVEN LEARNED SIGN LANGUAGE FOR YO ASS AND EVEN PUT A ROOF OVER YO HEAD,BOUGHT YOU CLOTHES AMD HAD MONEY FOR YOU TO GO TO A SALON.WE WAS YOUNG BUT I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY RESPONSIBILITY.ALL THE MONEY I HUSTLED WAS FOR YOU.

He spat all that to me and I finally broke down.

Me: Why can't you leave?

Donte:It ain't that easy.

With that he walked away,I picked myself up off tha floor and went inside my car and cried.

I finally made it home and I stayed in my car.i looked in the rearview and saw his handprint on my cheek and it was turning blueish

I sighed and made my way inside hoping August was asleep.

I tiptoed into our room and saw him laying there.I took a silent breath,that was close.I hurried into our closet and changed my clothes.As I was putting on my pajama shorts I heard shuffling

Lord please don't make August see me.

I turned off the light and crept towards the bed.

August: Babe is that you?

Me: Yea im here,just tired.

I slid onto my side of the bed and laid down.He moved close to me and held onto my waist.

Aug: Atleast your home cuz I started to become lonely.

Me:I will always come back home to you.

I kissed his nose in the dark and fell asleep. Donte gots me trippin.