Chapter 47 Introduction

*Rae*
Saturday, December 10

I put the cornbread on top of the stove and checked August's crawfish.making sure it was cooked thoroughly, I turned off the stove and covered the pot.I wiped my hands against my apron and silently prayed that this family meet up would go smoothly. As my eyes shifted to the gigantic dinner table which held the jambalaya, corn, and fried fish.I picked up the cornbread and set on the table.

I looked to the den where august was talking on the phone, probably telling his momma the directions.I smiled cause lately he has been being extra nice.

I was about to set the silverware for 12 people, until the bell rang and then I made my way to the door.I opened the door and was only faced with my grandmother and brother.

Me:Hey guys!! im glad you guys made it.....where's momma?

Grams:She said she got stuck on a flight in Denver or somewhere.I told her hard headedass to leave early...she never listens.

I frowned from that because August's momma will be here and she ain't...I sighed and went to hug my brother.I looked up at him and he was in deep thought but hid it with a smile.

Me:My bubba.

Ace:Aye...quit dat shit! I dont want anybody knowing that..bad enough you using my government.

I smacked his arm and lead them to the living room and called august out to meet them.

Grams:This is a nice place here..

I saw her running her hands against the white loveseat..my grandma was always the simple type and never asked for anything expensive in her whole 60 years of life.I smiled and looked to my left where my king stood.

August:Thank you.You must be Raelynn's grandmother?

He extended his hand for a handshake but my grandmother must have been in awe cause she stood frozen.

Ace:Moms... handshake..

Grams:Oh haha hello and yes...boy you are one handsome man.

They shook hands and she still held onto his hand.okay she gotta step back..my man.

Me:Okay grams..

I removed her hand and she smirked towards his direction.This caused august to laugh.

August:Well im glad you guys came..where is her momma?

My grandmother and Ace shook their heads and replied "shes stuck in denver".With that August nodded and was gonna speak till there was knocking at the door.He got up and I instantly question the truth about my mommas whereabouts.

Ace:She said she is ashamed...idk she seemed distant on the phone.I literally called her up last night to confirm if she coming.

Grams:She on some other shit.

I snapped my head towards my grandmother because that was the first time my grams spoke bad about my moms.Once again...she pulls this on me.

I nodded and stood up because I heard little girls voices.I went to where August was and saw an older woman and two younger woman and of course three little cuties.

August:Baby, this is my momma, Chandra, her kids, and Chrystal.

I scanned all of them before I introduced myself.August stood in the corner rubbing the back of his neck.

Me:Nice to meet all of you.especially you Momma Aug.

Sheila: Me too..now give me a hug haha

I hugged her and and made my rounds to Mel's girl and his kids.Chrystal hesitantly shook my hands.

Chandra:Oh Rae this is my friend/coworker Chrystal.

Me:Nice to meet you.

Everytime I look at that chick she keeps eyeballing August.It dont phase me cause im already stressed from my momma.I lead them to the living room and waited for Kenan and Maya.

*5 minutes later*

We all sat at the table and Sheila wanted to say a prayer.So far everything was going good and I was happy...even if my own momma didnt came tonite.

We flooded our plates with food and Kay kay wanted to sit on my lap.I let her because she was like August's twin and so talkative.There was chit chat until August stood up to speak.like bish whet?

end of chapter

comment vote anything :)