Chapter 46 The call

yall I hate work wit a passion....tha only reason I go is so I can pay my rent and throw sum to tha hoes..haha jk but I've been so caught up but im on a hour break now so imma post sumthin for today...here we go.

August and Rae had left chipotle and went home, by this time August is holding onto his phone in his hands trying to figure out tha exact words to say to his mom Sheila.Rae is upstairs doing the exact same thing and see if her mom Draya could make it also since her momma lives in Oakland.Their palms began to get sweaty and they both said 'Here goes nothing'.

Rae

I pressed her contact info and waited for three rings until she finally picked up.

Me:Mom?

Draya:Rae, its about time you called...how you doin sweetie?

Me:Im doing good ma, im actually happy because I got someone I want you to meet.

Draya:Oh I see, who is it?

By this time a big lump formed in my throat but she gotta know sometime.

Me:Okay this is a long story but I want you to meet August.

Draya: Oh she your best friend??

Me:No haha ma its actually my boyfriend.........ma you still there?

Draya:Yeah im still here oh wow um I would like to meet him...when do you wanna meet cuz I need to fly out there sometime next weekend cuz thats when im not busy.

Me:Well yea that will be good cuz me and august are throwing a lil get together at our house on Saturday.

Draya:'our'?? im I missing something here?

Me:Imma be completely honest wit you...me and him have been dating for the   longest before you came back into my life...but during that time he was on tour.

Draya:Oh he a big superstar or wat?

Me:He's a singer ma but enough of that...is you coming or nah?

Draya:Yea I forsure will be coming next weekend.I promise.

Rae:Thanks ma...I promise you will love him.

Draya:mmmhhm honey I needa go meet wit my girlfriends for dinner..ill talk to you later okay?

Me:Aight ma..talk to you later

I hung up the phone and sighed at her uncertainty but she got to understand because outta no where she came back into my life and I wasn't gone tell her every detail until I got to know her.I got up from the bed and went to go take a shower.

*meanwhile*

August

Once i heard my mommas voice I immediately plastered a smile on my face.

Sheila:August..boy yo ass never calls? so how you been my baby?

Me:Haha ma im a grown ass man stop calling me baby..but on that note ya baby doing good outchea in Atlanta..its been snowing lately.

Momma:Well hopefully you been wearing a jacket...has Rae been taking care of you? I needa meet this girl and she better not be a hoodrat at all.

Me:Momma of course...shes my other half and she tha whole package...and its ya lucky day me and her are throwing a potluck type of party at my crib next weekend on saturday...its a good time to meet her.Her family is coming too.

Momma:Well gotta prove o me she worthy..she better not do you like that girl Crystal did...hell I saw her tha otha day.

Me:She ain't got nothin on Rae...shes conservative from all these other hoes.But is you down? cuz i can send you some plane tickets for you, Chandra, and the girls.

Momma:I guess it will be fine...and please these plane rickets are getting expensive...the girls would love to travel.

Me:Aight moms...trust me you will love her.

Momma:Okay august...be safe I needa go..yo brudda Smoke is burning the jambalaya.

Me:Aight bye

*click*

Me:did ma momma hang up on me?? oh hell naw

I tossed my phone to the side and turned on BET...I saw my 'make it home' video on the #2 spot.As I was watching myself sing...my mind began to wander to crystal back in texas.

Flashback

Crystal:Come on baby! lets just take a walk to the park haha

Me:Mayne we gotta get back to our ghetto ass school...my momma gone kill me.

Crystal:You know I love ya right? ain't nothing can change dat baby.

I watched her intertwine her fingers wit mine and I bent down to kiss her.i grabbed her backpack and put over my shoulders and we began to walk across the street to the park.I felt complete she was a ride or die.

*homecoming night*

I fixed my royal blue colored tie and adjusted my slacks and made my way to my desk where Crystals corsage sat.I smiled because I was taking the one I love...we may only been sophomores but she was a keeper .

Me:Aight ma imma go pick up crystal...be back around midnight.

Momma:Aight and be safe.

I nodded and unlocked my brother Mel's car and made my way to crystals crib.I parked and tried  to unblock my nervousness.I eventually got out and knocked on the door and was greeted my crystals mom.

Me:Oh hey Ms.Holmes..is crystal ready??

Ms.Holmes:Uhhh..crystal already left wit one of your homeboys?

Me:What? I was suppose to pick her up here...well thanks anyway.

I turned around and all these thought began to play in my head.If its the homeboy that I called my 'bestfriend'  then im gone be torn.BY the time I got to our highschool all eyes were on me.I shook it  off and preceded to the gym where everybody else was...and just like that! hugged up on my day one nigga.

End

I always remembered her face that she gave me..a sad one at that....but still I was always stuck on her even when word got around that she got pregnant a few years after.But I guess the past gotta stay that way...and then I gotta move on to.

end

how yall like it?

comment/vote