XXVII - The Mistress

10 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!

So, I do know that I make River look like a completely bitch in this chapter, but don't we all become bitches when someone is threatening to take our man?

The Mistress

“When will you be back?” I teased him, standing outside the TARDIS.

“Before you can say sonic screwdriver,” he smiled and pecked me on the lips and shut the blue box’s door.

I watched him vanish with a slight feeling of sadness, but I had spent such a lovely time with him that I was still walking on a cloud. I skipped towards my home and found on the front door a note stuck there with tape.

 Meet me tomorrow at seven at

 Chateau Blanc for dinner.

Wear something cute ;)

Doctor xxx

My heart jumped in my chest. Never did he visit two months in a row, ever less two days! Chateau Blanc was a fancy French restaurant that was known to be the perfect place to take a girl out on a date.

I held the note close my racing heart and walked in, going to call Jess. For once I could do the girly thing and ask her for help to pick out an outfit! The Doctor never warned me when he was dropping by that I could never be ready in advance!

------------------------------------------------

I got out to my car who was TARDIS blue. I loved feeling like I was driving the TARDIS.

I arrived at the restaurant and gave the car to the valet before walking in. I walked over to the host.

“Hello, mademoiselle. Do you have a reservation?” he asked.

Damn. I don’t know under what name he reserved. I doubted they accepted the Doctor as a name. I took a chance and said it anyways. To my surprise, he leaded me to a booth in the back, very intimate.

But I froze in place when I saw the person in the booth, waiting for me. It wasn’t the Doctor.

River Song gave me a sly smile and gestured me to sit down in front of her. The cloud I’ve been walking on all day suddenly vanished and I felt like I was falling from very high.

I bit my lower lip. I could just walk away, but she’d come after me. Also I couldn’t let her know I was terrified of her.

I took a deep breath, smiled back and took a seat.

“Hello, Zera,” she said. “How are you?”

“Fine and you, River?” I asked, placing my purse on the table.

“Oh, just fine! Despite the fact that you are sleeping with my husband! But oh, well, you’ll be gone in less than two years’ time, so why bother threaten you into stopping, huh?” she replied coldly.

“Then tell me, River, why am I here?” I faked a smile.

“It’s possible I underestimated you, Zera. The Doctor does seem to have actually feelings for you-“ she started.

“He loves me,” I cut her off.

“Of course, he does. You aren’t just a good fuck,” she said sarcastically.

“I don’t care what you say. You don’t know anything about us,” I hissed.

“Oh, I know so much more than you think, Zera. He’s probably caresses your cheek, looking deeply into your eyes as he tells you he loves you. But, my dear, number one rule when it comes to this man, the Doctor lies,” she smirked, seeing the blank expression on my face.

“Never - Never would he lie to me about that.”

“Oh, please. Think about, sweetheart. You asked him to go in time and have some sort of relationship with you to make you happy. You practically begged him to tell you that he loves you. He spent the last years lying to you so you can die in peace. Don’t you see?”

Her words cut like a knife. I was hurting all over, but managed to keep my expression emotionless. What if she was right…?

Was she? I mean, I did ask him to have some sort of relationship with me, but I didn’t think he was lying when he said I love you. I never thought he was lying. I believed every single word he ever told me. But was I in the wrong to do so? What brought me to trust him so deeply? He was cheating on his wife with me for heaven’s sake!

Oh, God. I felt like I was going to throw up. My head was banging with a terrible pain and water was forming in my eyes and I faced the truth.

The Doctor didn’t really love me.

My mask fell as a tear rolled down my cheek. I went for my purse to get my medication for my headaches, but River pulled it out of my reach.

“What are you doing?” I asked, looking at her as if she was insane.

“Oh, just a littler personal revenge. Make you feel the pain I’ve been feeling so terribly,” she sneered.

“River, give that back to me!” I complained, holding my hand in my hands.

“Why should I, you filthy mistress?”

Mistress. That’s what I was to him. Some girl he went to for a fuck when his wife wasn’t doing the trick. Oddly, I wouldn’t mind being a mistress if he loved me. Because I didn’t care if I had to share him, I just wanted him if he wanted me.

A waiter finally walked up to our table.

“Are you ready to order?” he asked.

I looked over at the menu I hadn’t even laid eyes on.

“I was just leaving actually,” River smiled sweetly, placed my purse on the table and walked away.

“You?”

“I’m leaving,” I said and practically ran out of the place, my purse clutched tightly in my hands.

I bought a water bottle in the first convenient store and took my piles. A moment later, the pain in my head went considerably down, but the pain in my chest was still unbearable.

10 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!